Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Picked up my FN FNAR a few moments ago,weather permitting I'll get to break it in tomorrow. Nice feel to the gun can't wait to fire it. Now to cruise the web looking for extra mags, lol.

241EE06F-8FA6-41E2-A728-7BBF254E3DAA-10176-00000B42A414B077.jpg

I didn't like the way the Bodyguard felt when I held it. Have you seen the SHIELD? Now that's an awesome little gun.

A friend of mine sold his Bodyguard and bought himself a Shield to replace it.

I shot his Bodyguard on 2 or 3 occasions. Personally I didn't care for it. I didn't like the trigger pull or grip. I hope to shoot his Shield this weekend.

Went to a new state of the art indoor gun range today to try out some of their hand gun rentals. The place was crazy busy. They have 12 lanes and there was an hour wait when I got there. The thing that really surprised me was the number of incredibly hot women that were there. Some just there to watch their boy friends, and some were shooting. I especially got a kick of this really tiny and very hot Asian girl who was shooting a giant revolver.

Oh, yeah, and I think I am going to get a .40XDM as my next gun, unless someone can talk me into something better.

Have you tried out Adventure Outdoors yet?

I'm still waiting on word of my first gun. The FNX-45 tactical. Can't find it anywhere and the only word I get from FNH is that they'll be out at the end of the year. You would think they'd have a better ETA of their product.

Any of you guys ever fire a S&W Bodyguard 38? I thinking of picking one up.

Smith-Wesson-BODYGUARD-38-chillaxing-courtesy-The-Truth-About-Guns.jpg

I saw a long time friend of mine, down in Orlando, 2 weeks ago. He had both this and a Sig P290.

The Bodyguard just didn't feel right in my hand, whereas the P290 felt so natural.

Shot a few rounds with the S&W and the trigger pull felt a little bit long.
The Sig may have had the same travel, but it felt like butter all the way to a crisp break.
Of course, I'm also talking about a .38 vs a 9, so....

Wish the P290 was CA compliant. :(

Oh, yeah, and I think I am going to get a .40XDM as my next gun, unless someone can talk me into something better.

I love mine. Out of the 5 or 6 handguns I own I probably shoot it the best.

I'm still waiting on word of my first gun. The FNX-45 tactical. Can't find it anywhere and the only word I get from FNH is that they'll be out at the end of the year. You would think they'd have a better ETA of their product.

when you get it, we should hit the range together some day. My father in law was just talking about Adventure Outdoors the other day, might have to take a trip up there. We just got a Academy Sports in Hiram, and they seem to have really great prices.

How much is a SCAR 16/17 in Cali up in WA on Fairchild AFB I can grab a SCAR-L MK17 is around 1200-1500$. Just interested for interests sake.

That is a 3,000.00 rifle. If you can get it that cheap, do it. And get one for me as well. I have been looking in to it and putting off getting it as it is simply not my first choice of rifles, but at that price, I would be happy to move it up on the priority list.

If it is a full on SCAR 16 or SCAR 17.

Nobody does. Every manufacture is back logged and it's a pain in the ass to try and get exact orders. I've had a gun on order for almost a year.

Back