Gumtree in UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceCowboy

Freakzoid
Reaction score
All,

Has anyone used Gumtree in the UK to sell figures?

I am looking for a way to sell with collection (so the buyer can see it before handing over cash) thus I have ruled out eBay (due to a previous bad experience) so I don't want to ship an item. Narrows it down to collection or me to deliver but looking for anyones own experience of Gumtree.

Cheers,

Hi

Nope never used it but I am going to have a look later now to see if I can pick up some items to add to the collection. Where about a in the UK are you ?

I haven't bought any figures through Gumtree, but i have bought power tools. I went to the buyers house, had a quick check to make sure they were working, then paid in cash. No fuss.

I've sometimes won figures on Ebay, and if the seller was close enough, i picked up in person and paid cash. I'm able to inspect them beforehand, so can negotiate a discount if there's anything wrong with it. Also, it's nice to meet fellow collectors, who are only too happy to show you their collections. Once the deal is done, i always offer the seller the option to cancel the sale through Ebay. This way, they avoid the Ebay and Paypal fees and pretend the deal never took place. I did this with my 89 Batmobile, and the seller was kind enough to pay back £30 to me, Win-win. So you can use Ebay, if you specify local pickup only.

I know of Gumtree, but I haven't used it. I might try and offload some 1/6 stuff.

Gumtree is fine. I have sold and brought a few bits from there. A lot of people turn to gumtree as sellers want to avoid the evilbay fee's so its quite popular.

Although evilbay do own gumtree so take advantage why you can ;)

eBay just buy up all their competition, so in the end all we're left with is the same company to go through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back