Guillermo Del Toro departs “The Hobbit”

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sacrifice is gay. Good call on del Toro's part. Too bad the powers that be can't figure out how to make a movie without having to waste other people's time.

I can't blame him for leaving the project. Especially when they have no idea when this thing is going to get going. He's got other things to work on.

Sacrifice is gay.

Sacrifice makes boys men!

I can't blame him for leaving the project.
I really can't either, but who wouldn't want to be in on possibly one of the greatest movies to come out since well LOTR?

I have faith whoever they find in the end will be just as good, and possibly even more dedicated. (but like stated, twiddling thumbs on the powers that be hurt other projects. Still, you either want to be in on this 101% or....)

It's not an opportunity you miss as a film maker IMO. (no matter what....Again IMO)

I'm really starting to believe that The Hobbit movie is never gonna happen.

:monkey4

I guess the positive side is that PJ and crew will have their pick of directors. I feel confident that (if the films ever happen) they will be epic.

And if they suck we'll still have a great LOTR set and can always pop in the animated version of the Hobbit :lecture

Whoever it ends up being, it will probably be soon... MGM can't hold out for too long in an economy like this one.

On Facebook, Gentle Giant says that Guillermo Del Toro will be signing at SDCC Saturday, between 2-4pm...

I read about the Blonkamp rumor the other day on imdb.com. It makes sense and with 'District 9' he has proven himself in the sci-fi genre which could translate well to the fantasy realm of 'The Hobbit'. With Jackson behind him as well for backup and guidance it should be a solid fit.

Yeah I don't have a problem with Blomkamp. Makes a lot more sense than other names being thrown about.

I loved D9, and although it's not the same sort of film as The Hobbit, it's certainly in the same realm, with creatures, effects etc.

To be honest I always had one reservation about GDT because he never even read the damn book until after he was hired to direct.

Thank God David Yates will not destroy these films the way he did with the Potter ones. Whew! Between him and the Brett Ratner rumors I was very worried.

To be honest I always had one reservation about GDT because he never even read the damn book until after he was hired to direct.

No he read The Hobbit and was inspired by it, he didn't read LOTR. His vision would have been good, and some of it will still be there in the movie.

Back