Gruson Updated Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting pdx,

Let me know how they turn out. Being acrylic, I wonder if they can support these heavy pieces.

Mine are HEAVY, made of wood with a black laminate finish.

Also, it's a good idea to post a wanted ad in your local craigslist section. I may have found someone who can make me some REALLY cheap. He is making one for my Queen and I should have it tomorrow. Hoping it turns out nice.

Gruson said:
Interesting pdx,

Let me know how they turn out. Being acrylic, I wonder if they can support these heavy pieces.

Mine are HEAVY, made of wood with a black laminate finish.

Also, it's a good idea to post a wanted ad in your local craigslist section. I may have found someone who can make me some REALLY cheap. He is making one for my Queen and I should have it tomorrow. Hoping it turns out nice.

are you going to house the Queen in an acrylic case too once you get the ped for her?

KitFisto said:
are you going to house the Queen in an acrylic case too once you get the ped for her?

LOL, I wish!

She is too big for a case, especially with that tail.

Glad you are enjoying the movies Tom. :)

tomandshell said:
Gruson is my hero.

:bow :rock :clap

:rock :bow
Infact Gruson's display was what sort of kicked me into getting the higher quality collectiles, and made my 12" figures just mediocre at best.
So thanks for that Gru.:D

And to add, Gruson was my inspiration to install track lighting to my displays to make them look better.

But I also need to thank IKEA as well.

Always jealous and completely in awe of your collection dude!! Keep all the awesome pics coming. I'd love to see the Queen setup once you get the new stand.:cool:

*sigh* You know I would sell absolutely everthing I own just to have that Alien Queen. I watched Aliens again last night and the bitc h is fresh in my mind. That thing is a Marvel. :rock
You are a lucky man Gru.

Which leads me to a question, where do you find these custom comissions and how do you do them? I want to somehow have a 'Man With No Name' PF comissioned. It would be my holy grail.

I LOVE YOUR COLLECTION GRUSON, YOU ARE " THE MAN".
I DESIRE TO HAVE A PROYECTOR ROOM LIKE YOURS.

I found this picture from old thread... just wondering, is Alien Queen 1/4 scale?
or Predator is bigger than 1/4 scale... because I remember Alien Queen being
a lot bigger than predator in AVP.... :monkey3

ap2sn6.jpg

That is not the best picture for comparisons. Predator is closer to the camera than the Queen and also standing on a taller pedestal.

That said, the Queen from AvP was MUCH larger thatn the Queen from the ALIENS movie. The AvP Queen was about the size of a T-Rex.

My Queen is 1/4 scale and the Predator piece is close to 1/4 scale but may be slightly bigger...it's close though. Predator was a big creature too.

A better picture for reference is this one:

aq5.jpg

Man Gruson, you must just get a big grin every time you look at that 1/4 Queen! It is truly the greatest 1/4 item I've ever seen, and just pictures like the above one make me smile :D

galactiboy said:
Man Gruson, you must just get a big grin every time you look at that 1/4 Queen! It is truly the greatest 1/4 item I've ever seen, and just pictures like the above one make me smile :D

They make me cry.
Too beautiful.

WOW!! What a beautiful set up you have!!! Love how everything is displayed.....that is so awesome!!! I'm hoping *big fingers crossed* that I can get my house built in the next 5+ years and you have given me some great ideas of how I want my library/collection room to look.

Jen said:
WOW!! What a beautiful set up you have!!! Love how everything is displayed.....that is so awesome!!! I'm hoping *big fingers crossed* that I can get my house built in the next 5+ years and you have given me some great ideas of how I want my library/collection room to look.

Gruson is the MAN!! I don't think anyone can look at his room and not be inspired!

Yep, very nice. As I've said once before, it's a great example of quality over quantity, and consistency in the display motif. There's a real lesson there in style of presentation for most collectors - talking to myself here - I guess I've always been sort of a "more is more" guy ;)

I enjoy collecting a large number of items, but as a consequence most of my collection ends up stowed away for a future film room somewhere down the road. I enjoy and get satisfaction from at least having them now, and I guess that's fine. It's a good reminder though that if a collection just brings a sensation of clutter rather than enjoyment, it is self defeating.

Back