Groovy's customs and WIP for ANH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks hopefully this weekend this one will be finished. I forgot how fast her dress part gets done its the collar and hood that takes so long. I still need to cut a key hole in back

I'm working on lining for dress today and attaching hood. This one I'm making for someone since there helping me. I have to see how transparent hood will affect wire. Personally I think wire hinders authenticity since it's reliant on her hair buns to stay up. This nylon is so freaking light I might not need it.

Before anyone asks I only have enough nylon to make 2 more dresses. I was lucky to find what I did since most white fabric is used for wedding industry

Dress is $100 since it's lined I had to make it lined because it looked not right any way else.

dress is now lined waiting for white wire to come so i can finish hood and finish her..
10365911_10202388705149502_4528416902728692816_n.jpg
sleeve lining
10544356_10202388705389508_3591506980828169495_n.jpg

when i work with white i keep acetone handy in case of dirt it's very effective at removing dirt quickly..

This one im doing out of what is remaining from my high end jersey knit. I could order more from NYC if people are interested this one i could sell 80. and only partially line at sleeves. the nylon is more see through.

Leia ANH.jpg
Leia ANHback.jpg
leia.jpg

Is it just me or do the sleeves on the original flare out at the end? That last pic sure makes it look like they do.

There bell sleeves but only seem to look like that with that one pic of Carrie maybe they changed costumes

Back