Groovy's customs and WIP for ANH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groovy34

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought i would post some of mine that are either WIP up until finished.

the 1st is Leia which was going to be my 1st scene version but she has to many flaws so im calling her my 1st draft I will probably throw this out.

The dress is fully lined with exception to hood when i did that it wouldn't stay on head and was bulky

ironically the hood stays on her head without needing wire. look close to last pic of her set i made a key hole open in her dress that only shows some skin.

HPIM3547.JPG
HPIM3548.JPG
HPIM3551.JPG

the next is Obi-wan I still need to make his mock turtle neck and went through 4 different browns before i found one that can only be called just ok enough to use. i still need to do the puzzle piece stain on left shoulder and under right arm. i know his pouch doesn't look exact but you rarely see it so I'm not going to be fussy about it. but i made the belt. i think this linen i picked is very close to on screen color

HPIM3555.JPG
HPIM3556.JPG
HPIM3557.jpg
HPIM3557.jpg

Last edited:
well the hooded robe i snagged from the new Ewan obi-wan i still need to remove the hem but didn't his main robe have a hem? im having problems with my dvd seeing if it was stitched on the bottom. I did make it a t-style robe which was not easy and made a gigantic pattern using just over 1/4 yard of fabric.

Nice work Groovy looking forward to see more of your customs. :cool:

The one im using to off set leia's massive noggin from sideshow is the cheep old ttl body. but the next dress will be housed in a kumik body since it has a small frame and she looks shorter than luke so the scale works.

Oatmeal linen pricy stuff but worth it to look good the pics don't do the fabric justice on both figures.

I like her dress maybe you could hem me up one looks good. you didn`t get snyderman`s head sculpt of her it looks way better then the ssc version of her

Im only using this head for the pics I am buying snyderman's sculpt

phicen is the only body you might want to pic up their new tan medium bust body with the stainless steel bone structure.

I still need to work out some kinks in the ANH dress for leia but she is pretty much complete.

WIP of Princess leia ANH linned dress. this is phase one. Is the sleeve to dramatic or just right

1939827_10202367650663153_2912204129254549847_n.jpg

Made sleeves less dramatic after seeing leia pics as promo shots. now that is done now i can line the rest of the dress. but as you can see the sleeve lining ads a seamless look to it. and much improved since my 1st draft.994446_10202368355880783_4874912326185275416_n.jpg

I just thought id give you guys a look at real Qiana fabric.. I picked this up close to 30 yrs ago at a old fabric store that was in Ohio in an old railroad station. it was labeled lingerie Qiana knit 100% nylon. I forgot how shimmery this fabric was when i was little i had a blouse in it. now we know why it was a disco fabric. so if people were upset by the shimmery look of sideshows leia it's because it was that shimmery.

the thing with nylon in some lighting it's Matte and in others it's very shimmery

Below is Qiana I didnt have enough fabric to make a figure dress from :(
but I did find 100%nylon equal to texture and look hence the dress above. btw Qiana was not what it was cracked up to be because it got run's in the fabric very easy modern fabric seems more stronger. they both have the same drape and silky texture and feel.

10409115_10202368543285468_4273588083429777408_n.jpg

Qiana fabric.jpg
this is in natural lighting some sheen but mostly matte and looks more ivory

Last edited:
Back