GROND

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gideon

Super Freak
Reaction score
How many people here would be interested in a really deluxe polystone statue of GROND as it is being pulled by the various creatures and assisted by a horde of orcs approaching the gates of Minas Tirith?

No company has yet produced any version of GROND. Rather than see another version of something we already have, I would dearly like to see this.

I envision to be about 14 to q6 inches in length with additional space for the beast pulling it forward. Tiny orcs would be on the ground base around it. The base would be about 22 or 24 inches x 14 or so. I see something in the price range just under the Rivendell environment.

Any interest?

I'd like to see Grond at somepoint. I admit I'm surprised we've never seen it made but I so think we will see Weta make it with them having done with with other detailed pieces it should be easier.

And the Ex could be the flames issuing forth from its mouth! I'd like to see how they could do it if ever as a full switchout head would be improbable. :lol

That would be great...would love one with flames. :rock

However not the type that look like transparent plastic. :(

They would have to be painted sculpted poly for me. :rock

:duff
Bill

When SSW was still making pieces, I was hoping that a Grond environment would be made following Moria and the other environments that SSW produced.

Weta will do it eventually - i think it was next in the 'environments' poll after Barad-Dur and Orthanc, and we now have those 2, so.....

I know David Tremont, a Weta sculptor, is very keen to do it, including Great Beasts wielding it.

Yeah, I think we're ways off of the next Lord of the Rings enviro with stuff from The Hobbit coming.

Here is the latest reply from Daniel Falconer over at the WETA forum regarding a Grond :wink1:
Just need to keep pushing for 'the hammer of the underworld' :lecture

I'm guessing you mean Grond, right? :p I think the way you guys have been doing it, by making noise here and voring in polls is the way to go. Believe me when I say Dave Tremont is passionate about us doing a Grond piece one day and brings it up whenever such a discussion is being had. I can imagine what an awesome collectible that could be. As long as you guys keep reminding us that you want it, we'll keep pushing for it on the inside. :)

Same goes for this one. Make noise in the forum, start a little campaign with other supporters here for certain characters or candidates and, yup, you guessed it, polls. Numbers speak for themselves! Basically, keep doing what you're doing. You have our ear already and we will as always do our best to ful fill the expectation. Sometimes it takes a little time, but with luck and careful thought it is our aspiration to eventually find a way to make anything that has significant enough groundswell behind it.

Lets keep beating the drum on this...... LOUDLY and OFTEN.

I WANT GROND!!!!!!!!!

Could be an interesting environment.
Are we taking about grond only or including those giant beasts pulling it?

I would be happy as long as it was mounted on the canopy, anything else would be icing.

All input is being considered as to what it could include. Just need the requests to keep going in which has resulted in a few things being made already without a pasta model demand in sight :wink1:

Back