Grim future for Star Wars 1/6th?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
exciting times! a very much needed injection has occurred... sure, we will pay a little more, but companies know they will have to do a little more to get our cash.

I like your attitude.

I was ready to pay for Hot Toys figures because that was what it took to get main characters of that quality. If that's what it takes to get similar stuff from Sideshow, I can't see myself scoffing at the price, so long as they can deliver.

I think SS is getting out of the 1/6th line. Handing it over to Hot Toys.

If they had already decided that, they wouldn't have stuck their neck out with Red 5 Luke. If they can't deliver, I'm sure that's how it will go, but at this point, I think they're going to shoot for offering what Hot Toys won't. I'm hoping that they don't bother with the new movies and leave it to HT. automaton may be onto something with major characters being a bigger deal to Disney than the background aliens and droids.

39966-Robert-Downey-jr-laughing-gif-M5Bd.gif

automaton may be onto something with major characters being a bigger deal to Disney than the background aliens and droids.

Yeah, can't think of a Disney property that has such a huge depth of second and third tier characters. Characters like Ackbar and Greedo are iconic in ways that are unique to SW. Go to a Disney store and see how many second and third tier characters you see.

But what about what Sideshow owes us? Or more specifically, what they owe me?

Hmm... well they owe me a Rebo Band, a Ree Yees (ended up making one,) and a partridge in a pear tree.

I think if SSC had just been a little clever and added a few useless trinkets a la Vader the ****storm would have been a lot less severe. And let's not kid ourselves just beacuse this is an english speaking forum with just 3000 active posters or whatever. There are other people speaking other languages on other forums just as upset I'm sure.

Last edited:
I think if SSC just had been a little smart and added a few useless trinkets a la Vader the ****storm had been a lot less severe. And do not kid yourself just beacuse this is an english speaking forum with just 3000 active posters or whatever. There are other people speaking other languages on other forums I'm sure.

Well, Vader was sort of a high water mark in useless trinkets.:lol

But yeah, had they included a head/helmet plus a separate head and helmet with Luke, or maybe even just a segment of X-Wing ladder and some "Han's payment" crates, I think people would have complained, but the storming of the Bastille would have been averted.

I think if SSC just had been a little smart and added a few useless trinkets a la Vader the ****storm had been a lot less severe. And let's not kid ourselves just beacuse this is an english speaking forum with just 3000 active posters or whatever. There are other people speaking other languages on other forums just as upset I'm sure.

Nah, had they added more trinkets the complaints would have been about how they should have done away with the trinkets to keep the MSRP down :lol

And Deadpool has wait-listed.
SS wear gearing up for this when they backdated all those reward points. They'll prolly be able to give us better coupon deals, like $50. If we get those we'd be more willing to spend it before it expires coz then we're saving $50!

And Deadpool has wait-listed.
SS wear gearing up for this when they backdated all those reward points. They'll prolly be able to give us better coupon deals, like $50. If we get those we'd be more willing to spend it before it expires coz then we're saving $50!

That won't help those of us that can't (affordably) order directly from Sideshow. The new DoFP Wolverine that is close in price to the X-Wing Luke - and equally short in the accessory department - costs around €250, that is around $310. I'll go ahead and say what most people are thinking by now: You have to be insane to buy at that price and probably should loose control of your bank account if you do.

Now Hot Toys are available from Hong Kong for a lesser price so you can work around it, but Sideshow isn't as easily available and if it is it's not much cheaper if at all. I guess when buying Hot Toys from Hong Kong you can avoid the Sideshow "surcharge" on other manufacturers products, but with Sideshows own products there is no such luck.

My local shop listed the mofo today for 237Euros. HT Han is 213 and Chewie is 241. As far as I know everything is imported in Italy through a deal SSC has with a local company so Sideshow went totally crazy with a 1:1 €:$ on his stuff.

I've got about 30 or so odd figures, the vast majority are Star wars (a few Marvel for my kids room), including the originals (Old Ben, Jedi Luke, etc)... And after R2, 3PO, and HT Chewie, I'm about done. With lower prices, I probably would have kept collecting new figures or replacing old ones, but an effective doubling in price over 18-24 months makes that a far fetched proposition.

Im really on the fence about this. One the one hand it's great to see Sideshow trying to step up their game with quality and releasing a bunch of new figs, on the other, the prices in this hobby are just out of control.

Anything over 200$ with limited accessories I'd a no go for me, don't care how good Good the sculpt is

C3p0 will also be so pass if over 200$

Back