Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the body and paint app looks great on this one but I decided not to bother with it due to the face and bland skin application as well as the comments regarding the size of the statue. There are so many great statues coming out that lines must sometimes be drawn. :(

I think the body and paint app looks great on this one but I decided not to bother with it due to the face and bland skin application as well as the comments regarding the size of the statue. There are so many great statues coming out that lines must sometimes be drawn. :(

IMHO, best GL head sculpt EVER. No other comes close for me. Paint apps on this piece were steller across the board. My EX looks boss! I will agree that because of the pose and lean on this piece it does seem slightly smaller than 1/4 scale. However, once in hand, the difference is negligible. I do agree with you about drawing lines though. Given space and money constraints, we all have to draw the line somewhere.

IMHO, best GL head sculpt EVER. No other comes close for me. Paint apps on this piece were steller across the board. My EX looks boss! I will agree that because of the pose and lean on this piece it does seem slightly smaller than 1/4 scale. However, once in hand, the difference is negligible. I do agree with you about drawing lines though. Given space and money constraints, we all have to draw the line somewhere.

Agreed. Draw the line after this purchase. The scale is hardly noticeable. Lowest ES on a DC PF thus far. The price is going up

That's what happens when you believe another person's opinion on a statue you don't have

Lol exactly. I saw this fig last week and he's a beast only reason I don't get him is coz then I'd have to get the whole JLA and I don't have the $$$. People saying 'he looks less then 1/4' have no idea what they're talking about.

I was agreeing that this is definitely the best Green Lantern sculpt I've ever seen and I really liked it even when some others were somewhat less-than positive about it via the forums. I do not doubt that this is a great looking piece at all, I was simply stating part of the reason that I had decided not to get it. I've had other statues that I picked up in the past that were great in their own right but that ended up getting "tired" quickly on display. With this one, the face/head position is my other concern; just from the myriad of pictures and videos posted online, I've already grown tired of the pose with the head awkwardly looking down (while still loving the sculpt itself). I'm torn because Hal Jordan is one of my favourite characters and I DO want him in my collection but getting him right now would mean missing out on another statue that I also really like. I'm going to have to come back to this in a couple of days and look at it one more time when my thoughts have cleared. No negativity towards the piece itself is implied so please do not take offense to anything that I have stated. ;) I think that the 2000+ people who have bought this piece thus far have made a great decision, especially those who are also going to pick up Sinestro (who also looks pretty great).

Last edited:
I was agreeing that this is definitely the best Green Lantern sculpt I've ever seen and I really liked it even when some others were somewhat less-than positive about it via the forums. I do not doubt that this is a great looking piece at all, I was simply stating part of the reason that I had decided not to get it. I've had other statues that I picked up in the past that were great in their own right but that ended up getting "tired" quickly on display. With this one, the face/head position is my other concern; just from the myriad of pictures and videos posted online, I've already grown tired of the pose with the head awkwardly looking down (while still loving the sculpt itself). I'm torn because Hal Jordan is one of my favourite characters and I DO want him in my collection but getting him right now would mean missing out on another statue that I also really like. I'm going to have to come back to this in a couple of days and look at it one more time when my thoughts have cleared. No negativity towards the piece itself is implied so please do not take offense to anything that I have stated. ;) I think that the 2000+ people who have bought this piece thus far have made a great decision, especially those who are also going to pick up Sinestro (who also looks pretty great).
It's cool. You obviously have the right to your opinion. I had reservations myself when it came to this piece. I went on the WL the day it sold out because I wanted time (and in hand pics) to figure out if I really wanted this piece.

Now having the EX in hand I can say this is a knockout punch piece for me. I even dislike light up features in general but couldn't even imagine this piece without it now. I just think if anyone is truly a huge GL fan, they will regret not picking this up now. It's not like this piece is going to get any cheaper in the future. In the end, we all have restrictions we have to work around. Adding or passing on a piece is always a personal choice. I'm just glad I decided to get the EX. I think it looks phenomenal and it works in my collection.

Lol exactly. I saw this fig last week and he's a beast only reason I don't get him is coz then I'd have to get the whole JLA and I don't have the $$$. People saying 'he looks less then 1/4' have no idea what they're talking about.

This was another reason I went on the WL. I wasn't sure I wanted to add the big 7 to my collection. The $$$ needed to make that happen gave me pause as well. I was going to get the trinity regardless. Now I'm just going to have to add a few more pieces. I'm so weak. :lol

I ended up picking up the EX in the secondary for a couple hundred below what it's going for. So this is not a sour grapes post. I'm a bit tired of the crowing from those who purchased at retail. For crying out loud get over it, it's one statue. There was so much conflicting information about the piece during last year's CC that it gave a lot of folks pause, including myself. If you go back through the early posts most reports were that the scale looked small, possibly 1:5. There were also complaints about the paintjob and the anatomy. Once solicited, SS didn't exactly allay the concerns about scale. So considering that folks have been burned before by Sideshow it was no wonder it took a while to sell out. Even though GL is one of my favorite characters, and I was fine with the sculpt, scale is a huge pet peeve for me and I had zero interest in mixing 1:5 with a 1:4 line (this one is actually closer to and acceptable 1:4.25). That's why I opted for WL so I would have the option. Well lo and behold SS actually did pull it off and the low ES proved to be a double whammy for fence-sitters. So while at this point I'd probably hold my nose, take the plunge and plop down the $600 or so these are going for as a lesson learned, I did manage to luck out and only pay about $100 premium. That said, the $20 discount on the reg is a decent consolation as opposed to paying $300 for a glowing fist.

That's what happens when you believe another person's opinion on a statue you don't have

:rotfl:rotfl

I can't help it... Just a little funny.

Xaerius If you end up taking the plunge like a lot of us did after he was sold out, I wish you the best of luck on price. It truly is a great sculpt and he doesn't look pale by any means in hand. It's one of the nicer pieces out there right now

Well, they finally Cancelled my EX Waitlist so I just Flexed the Reg today. I will have a Green lantern no matter what!

There you go. No GL is simply not acceptable :yess:

Also I think it was really smart to do the regular with the ring light up feature. Looks great IMO.

Precisely, no GL = No JLA, and we can't have that.

And I agree, I think the Light Feature looks great both with the EX hand and with the Ring.

Wise decision Josh. Even the Reg display looks awesome with this piece. It's just a great looking statue.

Back