Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some of you guys are on crack. This is a well done & great looking statue.

Agreed, you just gotta think like ol' Palpatine:

685620AF-B2D2-4607-ADF6-80A105FF372E-35271-0000150FF82FED1E.jpg

The muscle proportions and the forced pose are my issues with this piece.

That and and the fact that it doesn't feel like it belongs with the Bats or Supes PFs. It feels like a comiquette that Sideshow did on the side until the real GL PF gets made eventually.

The muscle proportions and the forced pose are my issues with this.

The muscle proportions are fine. What you are *****ing about is muscle definition. He is obviously very lean which is fine by me... he is a super hero... he should be jacked. I don't need a skinny-fat Hal.

That and and the fact that it doesn't feel like it belongs with the Bats or Supes PFs. It feels like a comiquette that Sideshow did on the side until the real GL PF gets made eventually.

Well, if the new Punisher PF is any indicator you'll only be waiting...the better part of a decade. :thud:

You "need serious therapy" SLF, because I think you are "on crack" :wink1: Because if you are not, then how on earth can you find flaws with this perfect PF of Green Lantern, an equal of which you will never see ever, leave alone a better one. :lol

Some of you guys are on crack. This is a well done & great looking statue.

Guys are aloud to dislike this one and that doesn't mean they are on crack. The same way it doesn't mean you have been sniffing paint thinner be ause you do like it. It is just personal opinion. However, I would be willing to bet there are a few guys sticking to their "this is crap" type post to simply justify to themselves the fact that they passed on this.

Well, if the new Punisher PF is any indicator you'll only be waiting...the better part of a decade. :thud:

You are probably right. The 3rd time was the charm for Punisher.

A better example would be the Magneto Comiquette from back in the day. This GL statue is the Magneto comiquette of the DC line. It's alright for what it is but it's just waiting to be done better. Is this the definitive GL statue? Not for me it isn't so it's a pass.

The muscles are weird. Just to put in perspective how this piece just doesn't "belong" for me: No way a dude like Hal Jordan is more ripped than Bruce Wayne. His powers come from the mind/ring. He doesn't need to look like his muscles are about to burst. Fully sculpted factor aside, it just doesn't look right to me.

Enjoy your statue guys! :wave

A better example would be the Magneto Comiquette from back in the day. This GL statue is the Magneto comiquette of the DC line. It's alright for what it is but it's just waiting to be done better. Is this the definitive GL statue? Not for me it isn't so it's a pass.

The muscles are weird. Just to put in perspective how this piece just doesn't "belong" for me: No way a dude like Hal Jordan is more ripped than Bruce Wayne. His powers come from the mind/ring. He doesn't need to look like his muscles are about to burst. Fully sculpted factor aside, it just doesn't look right to me.

Just when I think I've seen all of Sideshow's Marvel/DC statues, someone brings up one I have never heard of/seen. Just looked at that Magneto comiquette, it's crazy how much better Sideshow's sculpts and even their photography has gotten over the years.

As a long time gl fan I am very happy with this and don't think there is some better statue waiting to b made. I'm also happy h doesn't match supes and bats. I don't want the pj look...dc direct already did that.

Lastly I think hal can easily b more ripped than bats or even superman. Not saying stronger but ripped....sure. He is wearing an alien ring created by a hyper intelligent alien race that is tapping into cosmic force. There is no telling what an experience like that would do to the human physique

Guys are aloud to dislike this one and that doesn't mean they are on crack. The same way it doesn't mean you have been sniffing paint thinner be ause you do like it. It is just personal opinion. However, I would be willing to bet there are a few guys sticking to their "this is crap" type post to simply justify to themselves the fact that they passed on this.
good post
but want to add that there are probably a few guys sticking to their "this is awesome" type post to simply justify to themselves the fact that they bought it :wink1:

My she-hulk example was to illustrate SS having produced multiple versions of a character in a short timeframe, albeit they were not all 1/4 scale.

From a strictly profit point of view, it would be difficult to argue this was not a letdown for SS when you consider the edition size of every other DC offering.

There is still a lot of money to be made if SS makes a mixed media pf that compliments batman and superman.

I am suggesting they will do so sooner than later.

good post
but want to add that there are probably a few guys sticking to their "this is awesome" type post to simply justify to themselves the fact that they bought it :wink1:

Totally true.... However, from the videos I can see that a lot of MY issues with it are nonexistent ... So I can only I aging people who liked it before like it more:)

My she-hulk example was to illustrate SS having produced multiple versions of a character in a short timeframe, albeit they were not all 1/4 scale.

From a strictly profit point of view, it would be difficult to argue this was not a letdown for SS when you consider the edition size of every other DC offering.
There is still a lot of money to be made if SS makes a mixed media pf that compliments batman and superman.

I am suggesting they will do so sooner than later.

I am glad people voted with their dollars. Good for them.

If Sideshow wanted to experiment with these light up comiquette/PF then they should have picked one of the other Green Lanterns: John Stewart, Guy Gardner or Kyle Ryner. They should have left Hal Jordan alone for a classic PF that would fit with Bats, Supes and the rest of the JLA.

As a long time gl fan I am very happy with this and don't think there is some better statue waiting to b made. I'm also happy h doesn't match supes and bats. I don't want the pj look...dc direct already did that.

Lastly I think hal can easily b more ripped than bats or even superman. Not saying stronger but ripped....sure. He is wearing an alien ring created by a hyper intelligent alien race that is tapping into cosmic force. There is no telling what an experience like that would do to the human physique

:exactly: If I had my alien GL ring make me up a superhero suit, I'd make myself look insanely jacked and intimidating, too....why not?

Just when I think I've seen all of Sideshow's Marvel/DC statues, someone brings up one I have never heard of/seen. Just looked at that Magneto comiquette, it's crazy how much better Sideshow's sculpts and even their photography has gotten over the years.

:exactly: Just looking through pics of some of their older pieces, the sculpt quality and technique have improved so much on the newer ones.

Back