Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pose would work better if the fist construct was on the cocked back hand instead of the one coming forward, lol

Thanks Spidey :hi5:....I'm getting swayed little by little...but still contemplating it....I don't love it..so it's hard to jump on board and buy...we'll see

Should get him now, doubt SS will make another GL anytime soon.

Should get him now, doubt SS will make another GL anytime soon.

Just because someone won't make another for a while doesn't mean a thing. I'm not going to buy something I'm not 100% satisfied with. I am still waiting on the perfect DD PF. None on the coms or dios have made me pull the trigger yet. So I just have to be patient. SS will get to it and they WILL get to another GL. :lecture

from Spideys first comparison, to me it looks like, they moved the pivot foot clockwise. That brings the right leg back behind the statue, and brings the entire body centered more over the base.

So, they probably just reinserted the pin in the foot at a different angle?

Cory

You know I have been tryi g to figure out what changed to improve this so much and I think I finally have at least part of the answer. They have either

A) tweaked the figure
B) tweaked the way he sits on the base
C) both

Judging from these shots taken from roughly the same angle

9A645270-5D26-4FF5-9D2E-D9BA724A15D2-17850-000010FA403E0772_zpsbf085ed6.jpg

I think they have brought him over the base more so he doesn't look so off balance, but I am not sure if the tweaked his actual body to help get it there. Judging from this pic I would say maybe the chest and the left leg.

Here is another pic just showing how much more he is over the center of the base.

8EA468C8-099E-4258-B201-BDB6CA190ACD-17850-000010FA47AC9A7C_zps85d4b49e.jpg

So there you go there were some real changes made... *****ing worked...lol.

Oh by the way it is quit hard to find some of the old pics as they autopopulate fromSSC on so many sites they are being replaced by the new ones...lol

P.S. yes it does help me just a bit to see that things have REALLY been changed and I am not on crack for changing my mind...lol

i dont see any difference in body they slightly turned a base n took some good pictures

So there you go there were some real changes made... *****ing worked...lol.

The statue wasn't off-balance when it was shown in San Diego (lots of pics of that). As I said, it was only like that in the earliest SSC promo pics, which I guess were taken at a really early stage. Either that, or the photographer just screwed it up or had a faulty proto to work with. Either way, big mistake on their part to leave those pics up.

So, again, the only real change is the light up feature for the hand.

After much contemplation, i just cant get this piece (at the moment) and yes, it may mean that i eventually miss out on the exclusive...i've just got too much coming this year and GL was never a priority when it first got released so im being sensible and not getting carried away with all the latest hype about this piece. For those who have him on pre order i think your gonna be very happy...its just come at a bad time :(

After much contemplation, i just cant get this piece (at the moment) and yes, it may mean that i eventually miss out on the exclusive...i've just got too much coming this year and GL was never a priority when it first got released so im being sensible and not getting carried away with all the latest hype about this piece. For those who have him on pre order i think your gonna be very happy...its just come at a bad time :(

No worries I bet it will be less later. Yes the ex, demand for this is lackluster compare to the sell out time. I might pick the ex up later as well.

The statue wasn't off-balance when it was shown in San Diego (lots of pics of that). As I said, it was only like that in the earliest SSC promo pics, which I guess were taken at a really early stage. Either that, or the photographer just screwed it up or had a faulty proto to work with. Either way, big mistake on their part to leave those pics up.

So, again, the only real change is the light up feature for the hand.

Okay Dude.... It is all good, I am still not sure that they didn't tweak it a little more then that, but it could just be angles of the photos. However you are totally right that they made a HUGE mistake putting up those HORRIBLE drunk pics:lecture

Just because someone won't make another for a while doesn't mean a thing. I'm not going to buy something I'm not 100% satisfied with. I am still waiting on the perfect DD PF. None on the coms or dios have made me pull the trigger yet. So I just have to be patient. SS will get to it and they WILL get to another GL. :lecture

We don't know that for sure though. I think maybe a new 52 version could be made if they go with those costumes for the Justice League later.

Hopefully the next GL is not Hal.

I don't like Hal. You could even say I hate Hal. Such an unlikeable character.

I am really liking this statue. I think with the ES on this the EX will go up not down in value. Either way I always wanted a Hal in my collection and look forward to getting this. As people start seeing the JLA come together more people will be looking to get this.

We don't know that for sure though. I think maybe a new 52 version could be made if they go with those costumes for the Justice League later.

Oh, I'm pretty darn sure. Now, they may want to exercise some other costumes first but I believe they will get to another version. But I guess I could be wrong, I just don't ant something in my collection I'm not satisfied with just for the sake of being a completist.

Last edited:
Back