Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superman Punch

Nover_Superman-Punch.jpg

2109270-supermanpunch.gif

I'll say this: the pose would make more sense to me if he was flying/floating. It would justify the arms being up like that more.

The way his lower half is extending with his legs as he stands there just doesn't look right (to me) either.

:exactly:

Using a dynamic construct, which would have elevated him, displaying an awesome flying / in air pose, would have been so Great. I look at the current PF as an opportunity lost. Seen so many other GL statues over time (especially Bruckner's work), maybe I was expecting something radical from the PF. :lol

Don't want to start a vs. custom or any other statue debate, and given that I usually don't like a lot of customs, this one I really admire:

4336160466_f78951aec6_b_zps5596849b.jpg

I respect the fact that people really like the PF and not just because they want to own a GL PF. Got to accept that we are all different (and that's what makes us all exclusive :)).

:exactly:

Using a dynamic construct, which would have elevated him, displaying an awesome flying / in air pose, would have been so Great. I look at the current PF as an opportunity lost. Seen so many other GL statues over time (especially Bruckner's work), maybe I was expecting something radical from the PF. :lol

Don't want to start a vs. custom or any other statue debate, and given that I usually don't like a lot of customs, this one I really admire:

4336160466_f78951aec6_b_zps5596849b.jpg

I respect the fact that people really like the PF and not just because they want to own a GL PF. Got to accept that we are all different (and that's what makes us all exclusive :)).

That custom looks pretty nice. I like the look of the fist construct on SS's PF better...if you could combine the two statues, then I think it would look really impressive.

SS did a nice job on their base and the light up function is superb. I hybrid of it and the custom would be killer.

I believe Igo mentioned a possible new GL to go with Sinestro. I think for whatever reason he was under the impression Sinestro was too big...(only going from memory, so I could be wrong).

Someone posted this pic on the other forum, which I think better shows the size difference between GL and Batman.

25b64666f086971d2d51f72313c0eee7.jpg

By eyeballing it, it looks like the sole of GL's and Batman's lower foot approximately line up, so I marked up the photo to show where the top of GL's head would be (roughly), if he were standing up straight. GL looks like he'd come to approximately somewhere between Batman's nose and mouth. Given that Batman is usually listed as around 3 or 4" taller than GL, that's actually not that far off, height-wise.

I'm not trying to comment on how well they go together on display, just trying to help clear up the size discrepancy.

batman+GL+comparison.jpg

Someone posted this pic on the other forum, which I think better shows the size difference between GL and Batman.

25b64666f086971d2d51f72313c0eee7.jpg

By eyeballing it, it looks like the sole of GL's and Batman's lower foot approximately line up, so I marked up the photo to show where the top of GL's head would be (roughly), if he were standing up straight. GL looks like he'd come to approximately somewhere between Batman's nose and mouth. Given that Batman is usually listed as around 3 or 4" taller than GL, that's actually not that far off, height-wise.

I'm not trying to comment on how well they go together on display, just trying to help clear up the size discrepancy.

batman+GL+comparison.jpg

Dc lists Batman at 6'2", Hal is listed at 6'. A 2" difference in 1/4 scale is .5". If that matches up his height is in scale. His body mass is different story all together.

Dc lists Batman at 6'2", Hal is listed at 6'. A 2" difference in 1/4 scale is .5". If that matches up his height is in scale. His body mass is different story all together.

It's approximate, but I think it's pretty close to accurate...for height.

I agree, bulk and muscle mass is a different issue.

His height is still off but it's not as off as some would have you believe. The issue is much more Batman's size than GL size when calling it 1:4 scale.

My post count is rising here!

I would agree. No one was a more vocal opponent of this when it first went up, but all. All it looks damn fine. Honestly, I hate that Bat,an getting released has started the bashing of this again.

It's OK. Those of us that have it are enjoying it.

A statue shouldn't have to be defended this hard. That in itself tells you all something. Regardless of personal preference or what not.

If the GL PF was in the same league as the Bats, Supes or WW this disagreement would not exist. Period. A GL PF statue with a light up feature? and it sold how many compared to a character like Harley Quinn? This is Green Lantern, right? People are so split on this whole issue so this is obviously not the clear definitive GL statue. It's a good statue for what it is, but for me not the one to pair up with an ultimate JLA set up.

Enjoy your GL PF guys.

A statue shouldn't have to be defended this hard. That in itself tells you all something. Regardless of personal preference or what not.

If the GL PF was in the same league as the Bats, Supes or WW this disagreement would not exist. Period. A GL PF statue with a light up feature? and it sold how many compared to a character like Harley Quinn? This is Green Lantern, right? People are so split on this whole issue so this is obviously not the clear definitive GL statue. It's a good statue for what it is, but for me not the one to pair up with an ultimate JLA set up.

Enjoy your GL PF guys.

I will, thanks.

Enjoy your GL PF guys.

See that last part.... That is all you really needed to say right???! The fact that people are defending it doesnt mean you have to keep slamming it. You points may be valid, but that doesn't make your "right", it just means you have a valid opinion. So what have you achieved really. You have just torn down something that people place a value in. There are pieces that SSC makes that I thnk look like warmed up dog ****, but those are the threads I stay out of. Why? Because the only thing I could contribute is an opinion that may upset someone who has spent his/her hard earned money on something, and who may cherish it. I learned that lessons from The people here.... Kind of wish more people would learn it.

I made some observations and they obviously struck a cord. It's funny how people perceive/read things when they are in the defensive.

Do yourself a favor and calm down. Stop it with the melodrama because it certainly is not that serious. Slamming? Tearing down? So.....you want me to stay out of this thread because I don't like the statue and I said everything I had to say about it? would that make your statue sensibilities feel better? I actually may do just that as this discussion has run it's course. Afterall, the premise is based on a hypothetical future GL PF that may or may not happen and the need (or not need) for it based on those who like/love the current one.

Again, refer back to my observation on the overly defensive attitude a lot of people take towards this piece. You just proved my point.

I made some observations and they obviously struck a cord. It's funny how people perceive/read things when they are in the defensive.

Do yourself a favor and calm down. Stop it with the melodrama because it certainly is not that serious. Slamming? Tearing down? So.....you want me to stay out of this thread because I don't like the statue and I said everything I had to say about it? would that make your statue sensibilities feel better? I actually may do just that as this discussion has run it's course. Afterall, the premise is based on a hypothetical future GL PF that may or may not happen and the need (or not need) for it based on those who like/love the current one.

Again, refer back to my observation on the overly defensive attitude a lot of people take towards this piece. You just proved my point.

See the thing is I am not defensive of it, because I don't own it. I am just saying that you have made your point, ant you have been making it over and over again. You don't like it, and yeah haven't you really said everything you had to say. I am just saying I don't get the need to slam this at this point. I am sorry I just don't. It is in people's hands and they are proud of it. Why not just let it drop?? That is what I am getting at. No melodrama, just the logic of letting those who enjoy this enjoy it. That is all I am getting at.

Back