Grange Wallis' Custom Workshop

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I then moved on to the boots, as I figured that'd be a task and half... They were... Grrr. I didn't like the articulation the ankles had and knew early on that I'd be using the ball joint of the ACE body instead. Here is my progress. they still need to be cleaned up more, but you get the idea:
DSC02775.jpg

DSC02781.jpg

I must say they have a great range of movement!!!

Now, the chest armour, head & neck were tricky; I couldn't figure out whether to build a new neck or keep the original... I choose the later. I'd look better in the end and suit the head more:
DSC02780.jpg

I've done the belt, which I'll be gluing on to a proper material belt later on, with real pocket etc. Anyway, here is my progressing to date:
DSC02774.jpg

DSC02793.jpg

I'll be adding foam around the arms and legs to support the armour under over the clothes. That's tomorrow!!! :)

On and as for scale, he stands around 12 & a half inches high. Which I reckon is about right, because in the game Marcus is HUGE! Also, after I got the Predator out, now I thought that would have been the perfected base body for this custom GRRRR! :loony Next time!
DSC02797.jpg

wow, Grange, that is amazing!!
are you taking commissions for this piece? :D

i am sure 99% of the Brotherhood are salivating over your progress!!

Great work... I did a similar thing with NECA's Leonidas figure, that was a lot of dremmeling Can't imagine how many hours you've logged on yours.

Thanks guys... So far it's been a labour of Love. It's taking it's time with the dremel, galactiboy, that's for sure. But I found a way to speed up the process, by using a drill to get most of the hard cutting/dremel work out of the way... I'm going to work on it all day today... Took a "sicky"!

I'm so tired... Dremeling for about 4hrs does that I guess. :eek:

So I've done all of the armour and am real happy with how it's turned out. I might sand it back more when I clean it up for paint touch-ups. I've also added some foam to help the armour sit properly and round out the overall form of the figure.

So here are the pictures of the full armoured and kind of naked Marcus Fenix!

DSC02798.jpg

DSC02799.jpg

DSC02803.jpg

DSC02805.jpg

DSC02806.jpg

DSC02807.jpg

DSC02810.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02813.jpg

Really sorry about the picture quality... I've ordered a jumps suit for the figure and am looking for some gloved hands and black cargo pants for the figure and then this custom is going on the shelf!

No I didn't do that Halo custom, that was another bloke on OSW.com. That'll be my next Video Gamer custom after I do this one!!! I'm waiting for the proper Green armour's release next month... That guy did a sweet job on that one!

Just saw this awesome conversion/work in progress. Great work :clap

You are doing an outstanding job with this figure, good to see someone taking up the challenge :rock

This type of work really shows off the versatility of 1/6 scale figures. The ability to take what is essentially a plastic statue and make it into an articulated poseable 12" figure shows why 1/6 is where it is at.

This Gears of War representation when done, will look like any other manufactured figure judging from your work so far. This looks like it will be a great addidition to your collection.

Keep us posted :)

Were you able to salvage the figures original hands? On Leonidas I just drilled a hole in the hand that would be small enough to fit the hand peg. Worked really well since the plastic on him was a bit softer than the plastic of the wrist joint. I think you could do the same with an ACE body.

Cheers, Viper! Galactiboy; I still have the hands, but they're actually oversized and don't hold the guns properly... I know!

So I'm going to have to get new hands for it, regular 1/6 hands hold it better, plus the Lancer is quite heavy!

Back