Statue Gotham Nightmares Statue Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I feel like this is a really cool concept that could lead to some awesome looking statues, but, in reality, it also has the potential to go very, very wrong and devolve into some McFarlanesque exercise in gaudy, tacky terribleness.:lol

I agree this COULD happen but I doubt it. I actually think they look really cool. My problem with this line is (I'm betting) going to be the price - I have a feeling these 1/5 pieces are going to be in the $500-$550 range which is just too high for my blood (for a 1/5 scale piece).

I'll have to see Joker painted, but right now he looks more like some Davy Jones crew member rather than a creepy, terrifying, psycho killer clown they could have easily done.

I was already intrigued by batman this joker looks pretty awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel like this is a really cool concept that could lead to some awesome looking statues, but, in reality, it also has the potential to go very, very wrong and devolve into some McFarlanesque exercise in gaudy, tacky terribleness.:lol

lol Good way to put that! Sadly I missed the Sideshow Live today with Batman in this line but I caught up with the video on their blog. Having the alternate more human head makes me more interested in this than before. Joker, less so. For me, from what limited amount I've seen, Joker leans towards the "McFarlanesque" tacky. I still like the Batman though and am interested in seeing other characters.

I'm guessing these will be around $350. I just can't spend that on pieces like this. Too much other stuff coming out that I could put that money toward that I'd rather have in my collection.

I'm guessing these will be around $350. I just can't spend that on pieces like this. Too much other stuff coming out that I could put that money toward that I'd rather have in my collection.

wait am i retarded, these are 1/4 scale right?

$350... no chance in hell. add 200 to that.

If its in the 350 - 390 that would be great. But since its batman i think we can see a 450 range lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yea just saw on the old sideshow live they said its a "larger" 1/5 scale

actually very happy they went with this scale since i will be getting this line, atleast joker and bats. please do an epic scarecrow too. prime 1's is lame

$450.00 to $550.00 Skeletor came out 2 years ago and was $450.00, Joker I would think $550.00. This is not 10 years ago when piece just went up $15.00 a year, those day were great. When I started collecting it took 3 years for PF to go from $250.00 to $300.00, these days we get $40.00 to $50.00 increases a year.

Last edited:
$450.00 to $550.00 Skeletor came out 2 years ago and was $450.00, Joker I would think $550.00. This is not 10 years ago a when piece just went up $15.00 a year, those day were great. When I started collecting it took 3 years for PF to go from $250.00 to $300.00, these days we get $40.00 to $50.00 increases a year.

Agree wholeheartedly. This is Batman! I will be floored if this statue is less than $499.

$450.00 to $550.00 Skeletor came out 2 years ago and was $450.00, Joker I would think $550.00. This is not 10 years ago when piece just went up $15.00 a year, those day were great. When I started collecting it took 3 years for PF to go from $250.00 to $300.00, these days we get $40.00 to $50.00 increases a year.
A year?? Seems like we get those increases every 3-6 months! :panic:

It was a good video. I still like Batman and this helped solidify that more. I'm still not sure what to think of Joker. I don't feel like the cartoony looking exaggeration of him (in my opinion) fits with the nightmare tone of Batman. I'm reserving judgement though. I think I need to see them next to each other fully finished to make a decision on wanting the Joker and the direction they took with him. I do like that they incorporated Joker milestones and history into his clothes though (from what I could tell).

Back