Got my Tonner Spider-Man Dolls

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really shocked at the price and quality difference between these and Medicom's offering. I know they're a bit bigger, but these only look like high end versions of a $20 Barbie from Toys R Us, craziness.

To each is own. I personally don't collect these but many fine people do. To my knowledge these figures are suppose to look like dolls... but with more than a passing ressemblance of particular characters. I think the charm of these dolls to many collectors is that they do strongly retain the doll look while at the same time representing a favorite property. It is this juxatopostion that many collectors find fun.

Tonner dolls hails more from the tradition of Madame Alexander (where the costume is the only aspect that is character specific) than Medicom.

They really shouldn't be compared... the aims of both companies are different. :monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

7004.jpg

I guess if you couldn't get the Medi-com one this is a nice substitute.:rotfl

Seriously..People have to stop kidding themselves about the Tonner figs...They are COMPLETE garbage.

I feel sorry for the person that buys them and says "Yesss!!! THIS is the Spider-Man figure I have been waiting for!!"

:monkey4

Are you guys stupid?It says NOT FINAL PRODUCT AND SUBJECT TO CHANGE!!!
They could look a lot better than the pics given.(and probably look a lot better in hand.

:chew

Jesus i just looked at the price for these finally WTF?

Seriously, this looks like a 12 year old in a Spider-Man costume on Halloween.
7004_press01-001.jpg

If they really care about costume accuracy, how come this looks significantly worse then the costumes on the Medicom figures that cost $50 less? I just don't get it.

The doll is named "Spider-man dressed"

When do we get Spider-man undressed? :naughty

This Spiderman is laughable.

Who exactly do these apeal too? Seriously??

Is there a large Tonner fan base? I just don't get it.

You know that is the lead guy from team america! :rotfl Does not look like Peter Parker at all. The harry potter dolls are failrly good, but this line is just terrible.

Well, keep in mind that these do appeal to some people, and take another look at the edition sizes. Tonner seems to be selling these pretty well...

The thing that gets me with these is that the Spider-Man outfit looks really bad, but I bet the Potter ones look pretty good, I can see how they would look nice with the robes etc.

Back