Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have any of the actual movie suits ever been sold to a collector?

well, prior to '84, the suits were hand built and used until they rotted beyond repair, if anything survived filming, I doubt it's intact anymore. From '84 on they starting using molds and making multiple suits, it's possible some survived, where they went who knows, there's been pics on the net of '94, 2000 and 2003 on display at shows.

I've not seen any Japanese zilla films, do they use CGI on him now?

For the most part, no, it's been used a few times for underwater stuff but mainly it's still a man in a suit. They use some CGI on his foes if they fly but even then, the majority of the time it's a prop or another person in suit.

Toho cgi Isnt very pretty. The budget for Godzilla films in japan is very low. Hes not really a draw there, not atleast in the traditional style but I am interested to see how the legendary film does there. Some of the films have used animatronic puppets or props as well, like the head for GMK.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I worry that even if Godzilla himself is more in line with Toho tradition, the human aspect isn't going to connect with the Japanese audience.

The human aspect didnt even connect with many american audiences post Cranston so Im not sure if that'll be much different. I think serizawa's approach to the monsters might connect better with the Japanese than here.

The human aspect didnt even connect with many american audiences post Cranston so Im not sure if that'll be much different. I think serizawa's approach to the monsters might connect better with the Japanese than here.

Wantanabe was one of my favorite aspects of the film, enjoyed every second he had on screen.

I enjoyed him. But many people felt like he was bored or just flat.

From what I've seen and heard, Watanabe seems named after Serizawa and portrayed like Yamane from Gojira, which I'm fine with. I agree that such a character may be boring to American audiences but I feel like it's a staple of Godzilla lore.

Im fine with his role but he could have admittedly been written better. He doesnt pack the emotional punch I know he brings when the script calls for it.

:yess: :yess:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    957.2 KB · Views: 156
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    594.7 KB · Views: 159
I dont know if ive ever been as happy to see someone else get a figure. You've wanted that for a while. Congrats. Its so purtty!

I know the feeling of triumph running through you right now, congrats jye! I was that way with the Kaiyodo '84 kit, I hunted for years to get it, watching many auctions in the $300+ range, I didn't think I'd ever get it and finally I snagged it for like $50 from some seller that must have been desperate cuz they were unloading a lot of the kits from Kaiyodo for cheap.

Thanks GS and MF.

Holy crap both of you couldn't be more right.

I hugged him when I opened it.

He is freaking awesome, his size did not take anything away from him.

He is even more awesome than I expected from all those YT videos!

His tail popped off his butt, I popped it back in but seems easy to come off, will play with it later, had to run.

Can't wait for MA MechaG, just ordered after loving this guy.

The Neca 12" I ordered one for me and one for my son.

Bring it.

Ok GodzillaSpawn, you can deface my photos. :lol

Last edited:
It's a great looking figure, if I didn't already have the big Banpresto of that design I'd have gone after it. Sakai's design is great, and even though I like the G2000 suit, I can't help wish for a suit of the Sakai 2000 design, one of the most ferocious Godzillas I've ever seen.

Yeah, I'm sure the SHMA 2014 will be dangerous too, though even the little NECA has some firm, sharp ones on the tail parts, not his back though.

pa4enebu.jpg

3yjytaha.jpg

That's Neca's big boy. I have to see it in hand I cant even really tell the difference between it or the small one

Looks great, skin colors look more varied and not just 2 toned and the eyes look more polished and less cheap. I can't wait to get it.

Back