Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

Seriously though, where are the SHMA pictures? Or the Sideshow reveal? Or at least another tease of the 24" HTT? I'M SUPPOSED TO BE BROKE BY NOW.

As heavy as the marketing was, the merchandise roll out kind of sucks, other than toys and a few trinkets at Hot Topic, it doesn't seem like hardly anything is hitting stores.

Size Does Matter :lol

necazilla16.jpg

NECA's G2K14 looking good in that pic.

I really can't wait to see how the 24" HTT version comes out, really hope the sound feature doesn't impact the look of the figure, I want it to look just like this little one only better with more detail.

Thanks guys. I hope to be blown away by one twice as tall. Hopefully they capture his close-mouthed menacing look a bit more detailed.

I looooove this comic series.

I cant wait to jump in but of course Amazon only sends the second volume before the first. -__-

Lol really?! Messed up my whole pic man lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks guys. I hope to be blown away by one twice as tall. Hopefully they capture his close-mouthed menacing look a bit more detailed.

Hopefully the larger scale and price will get them to do something a bit better with the eye paint, that's really one of the key areas, the 12" HTT is just so generic in the eye paint, yellow with a black dot, there's no really emotion to his eyes.

I'm curious if the sculpt will change any from what we've seen. One thing, and it's a small point, that I don't like on the large one is how few teeth his upper jaw has, he has a full set of teeth there, it's just that only a few are big enough to really stand out. It works fine on the small figure because of how small the teeth are but it'd be pretty obvious on the large one.

I havent seen a good enough pic of the large ones face? Where do they show him?

I havent seen a good enough pic of the large ones face? Where do they show him?

Click on any of the photos at the link below of the unpainted figure and that's the 24" HTT, at least at the time that article was posted, nothing new since.

https://www.tohokingdom.com/news/2014/03-17_neca_godzilla2014_12htt_24htt.html

You can even see improvements made on the small one from the prototype shot in that gallery, the final product came out much better.

I think MF meant the Jakks.

No, I meant the NECA, if you look at the pics in the link I posted above, there's just a few teeth sculpted on the upper jaw, but we've seen shots from the movie where those are just the largest, but surely they could add small nubs for the other teeth, they did on the lower jaw.

Godzilla_2014_Bleeds.jpg

BBTS Charged my card this past weekend for the Neca 12 inch Godzilla. Really it's 7 inches in height but length it's 12. Pretty excited to receive him. Hopefully we'll see more pics soon on the 24 inch version soon. I hope Neca continues the Godzilla line.

BBTS Charged my card this past weekend for the Neca 12 inch Godzilla. Really it's 7 inches in height but length it's 12. Pretty excited to receive him. Hopefully we'll see more pics soon on the 24 inch version soon. I hope Neca continues the Godzilla line.

Wow, just looked at their site, they just got stock in and now they're all sold out. TRU pulled the figure from their website too. Godzilla is doing very well for NECA :rock

Wow, just looked at their site, they just got stock in and now they're all sold out. TRU pulled the figure from their website too. Godzilla is doing very well for NECA :rock

Glad to hear that! I haven't checked to see if my order shipped or not. Hopefully soon. :rock I really want to see more pics of the Sideshow Maquette. I haven't gotten any new Godzilla items lately. The Neca is the only one and the SHMA Line hasn't intrigued me with there release lately.

Oh wow yeah why would they leave out all those teeth?

But you are right the 12inch came out better than the proto so hopefully someone at NECA was like wait a minute he should have more teeth

It's just odd, but even JAKKS did it, funnily enough, as crappy as Bandai's figures are, they have full sets of teeth up top :lol

Its actually frustrating. Lol nobody can just capture it perfectly lol I know x plus wont let me down

Just got my NECA figure, this thing is awesome in person, I don't think photos alone do this guy justice. I am having a little problem getting the mouth to close although I have seen conflicting reports on whether or not it is even supposed to close.

Its actually frustrating. Lol nobody can just capture it perfectly lol I know x plus wont let me down

X-Plus will have the teeth but he'll look like he dropped 100 lbs :lol

Just got my NECA figure, this thing is awesome in person, I don't think photos alone do this guy justice. I am having a little problem getting the mouth to close although I have seen conflicting reports on whether or not it is even supposed to close.

It does close, most people are getting it with the jaw sticking, I just had to pop one side out and then back in and it worked fine, sometimes with NECA the paint can stick the joints a little.

I'm glad for the feature, on the small figure at least I kind of prefer it mouth closed, just because the head is so small.

X-Plus will have the teeth but he'll look like he dropped 100 lbs :lol

It does close, most people are getting it with the jaw sticking, I just had to pop one side out and then back in and it worked fine, sometimes with NECA the paint can stick the joints a little.

I'm glad for the feature, on the small figure at least I kind of prefer it mouth closed, just because the head is so small.

Lol I wish that applied to their GMK. I always loved the maquette and concept art but than the suit was so...extra beefy. I would live a cool gmk goji without that huge hump or beer gut.

Lol I wish that applied to their GMK. I always loved the maquette and concept art but than the suit was so...extra beefy. I would live a cool gmk goji without that huge hump or beer gut.

My only issue with GMK suit is the hump at the back of his neck where it seems like the actor's head likely was, from a profile it just looks very unnatural, almost like his neck is broke, if the neck flowed more smoothly into the body it'd be great. I love collectibles that downplay it, Bandai's 8" and X-Plus' 7" figures did a great job of it.

Yup...I had bandai's 8 inch and I loved that toy. A high end figure with that build (and a closed mouth feature) would be an instant favorite. Surprised there hasn't really been closed-mouth GMK's. I think a lot of people love how his fangs hang out how his lips curl and how his brow comes down when he's angry.

Back