Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow I would have been the happiest kid in the world if my parents made my room look like that. Hell I couldn't even get a damn toy that looked like
godzilla. Lol. Had to settle for that shogun version. Awesome room!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkytnmunhjkhjymyjmynyjnuuknnnjm

Man you ain't kidding... I would have killed for a decent looking Godzilla. I had the shogun also... Drove me crazy that he had tiny little spikes.

My fav Godzilla toy I had was the Aurora Model kit...

tumblr_mdmbk9Yx961rhnhmlo1_500.jpg

I must have had like five of them because I kept breaking them by playing with them so much... Then they stopped making them and I was screwed for a long time until they made this

gljgodzilla.jpg

Even though it did not look much like Godzilla either, I almost crapped my pants when I found it at the store.... (I still have it by the way :) )

Then came the Shogun toy and after that was my Godzilla from Godzilla's gang toy line. I still have that I believe.... Every chance my kids have lost it somewhere though... Oh Well, What ya gonna do?

DSC_0101.JPG

I then got this when I ordered it through Famous Monsters of Filmland... Took forever to get to my house. :)

hg-godzilla-1979-3.jpg

That was the last of the American released toys I got for a while... I started getting Bandai stuff after that and then a few higher end pieces... and so on and so forth....
Then came my kids. After I had kids I had all the excuse in the world to go nuts buying Godzilla items. :)

Last edited:
Tricephalon... good one! It makes sense. "3 heads!"

I guess they couldn't get approval to use one of the more popular adversaries. :lol

Man you ain't kidding... I would have killed for a decent looking Godzilla. I had the shogun also... Drove me crazy that he had tiny little spikes.

gljgodzilla.jpg

LOL

I had that too! In fact my mom just brought it over the other day. :)

I just got the NECA Godzilla with the shimmering blue highlights...I love it so much. The paint is perfect, super nice figure.

I picked up the NECA Godzilla at my local TRU yesterday after watching the film. The figure is very nice - lots of articulation that blends in perfectly with the sculpt. The tail is especially cool (and long!).

The only disappointing part of the figure is that he is too short when compared to NECA's Pacific Rim figures. I just looked up Gypsy Danger's specs and he is apparently 260 feet tall whereas the new Godzilla is about 350 feet tall. However, NECA's Jaeger figures tower over Godzilla. I guess no crazy Jaeger vs. Godzilla battles in my future...

I picked up the NECA Godzilla at my local TRU yesterday after watching the film. The figure is very nice - lots of articulation that blends in perfectly with the sculpt. The tail is especially cool (and long!).

The only disappointing part of the figure is that he is too short when compared to NECA's Pacific Rim figures. I just looked up Gypsy Danger's specs and he is apparently 260 feet tall whereas the new Godzilla is about 350 feet tall. However, NECA's Jaeger figures tower over Godzilla. I guess no crazy Jaeger vs. Godzilla battles in my future...

NECA is coming out with a 12" tall variant in June/July that is 24" long.

Last edited:
I'm definitely checking TRU tomorrow for the 12" HTT, he looks so good and I can't wait til July for the 24", all this waiting is killing me :lol

I got him now but ill probably sell him when the big guy shows up or the monsterarts just looks that much better

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Back