Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Bio, you know of anywhere in Manhattan that I could drive in and pick up MA G2K?

Best guess would be midtown comics main location in Times Square. I was in there about 2 weeks ago and they had five. Forbidden planet on Broadway between 12 and 13th maaaaaay have it.

Forbidden you'll get a bit of a markup from retail price, but Midtown always has things at retail price. So I'd check there first. If those don't go well, Image Anime on West 30th will probably have it…but it'll be so marked up the Amazon price will start to look god :lol

Last edited:
Best guess would be midtown comics main location in Times Square. I was in there about 2 weeks ago and they had five. Forbidden planet on Broadway between 12 and 13th maaaaaay have it.

Forbidden you'll get a bit of a markup from retail price, but Midtown always has things at retail price. So I'd check there first. If those don't go well, Image Anime on West 30th will probably have it…but it'll be so marked up the Amazon price will start to look god :lol

Thanks B. :hi5:

Yup, you can see pictures of it in raw, early stage here.

godzilla2014_24htt_02.jpg

https://www.tohokingdom.com/news/2014/03-17_neca_godzilla2014_12htt_24htt.html

Thanks for the link.
I'd like to see that 24" version painted up. :rock

Thanks for the link.
I'd like to see that 24" version painted up. :rock

Hopefully soon, should be out June/July.

As for the SHMA, Sakai's sculpt is really cool, it's an awesome looking Godzilla, but it almost feels like his 2000 compared to the suit. It'd make for a really cool Godzilla for sure, but I really dig the armored look of the new design and I feel like his sculpt loses that feeling in all the areas it stands out.

Hopefully soon, should be out June/July.

As for the SHMA, Sakai's sculpt is really cool, it's an awesome looking Godzilla, but it almost feels like his 2000 compared to the suit. It'd make for a really cool Godzilla for sure, but I really dig the armored look of the new design and I feel like his sculpt loses that feeling in all the areas it stands out.

Cool. June/July it is then. :hi5:

Right. I know it's not accurate to the CG model, but I do like what he came up with. It's almost as if he said, screw it, and just added his own personal touch to show what he believes the movie Godzilla should have looked like.

It's all good. I'm glad the Big G is getting A LOT of attention. As a result, we get to choose from so many different sculpts and scales. What a damn great time to be a G fan! :rock

I must be crazy, but I do prefer this sculpt to NECA's and the actual screen model.
Sakai did not follow the CG model exactly, but I prefer his version. The head is in such good proportion to the body and it doesn't have the fat neck look, at least, not from this pose.

Where is everyone buying this from?

Didnt you say ewww and too many seams??? Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Cool. June/July it is then. :hi5:

Right. I know it's not accurate to the CG model, but I do like what he came up with. It's almost as if he said, screw it, and just added his own personal touch to show what he believes the movie Godzilla should have looked like.

It's all good. I'm glad the Big G is getting A LOT of attention. As a result, we get to choose from so many different sculpts and scales. What a damn great time to be a G fan! :rock

Every manufacturer so far has turned out a different looking Godzilla. JAKKS, NECA, Bandai USA, SHMA and now Sideshow have all taken him on and each has their ups and downs.

Me personally, I'm most happy with NECA so far.

Didnt you say ewww and too many seams??? Lol

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Yes, then the blurred picture was no longer blurred. LOL! I thought this is probably going to be the best representation of G that I'm going to have to settle on.

Now, that I saw the teaser trailer for Sideshow's maquette... I've forgotten all about the Monsterarts figure. Goodbye joint lines! :yess:

Every manufacturer so far has turned out a different looking Godzilla. JAKKS, NECA, Bandai USA, SHMA and now Sideshow have all taken him on and each has their ups and downs.

Me personally, I'm most happy with NECA so far.

Indeed. They all have their own interpretations/style. So far, I like what Sakai did with his design, but I will gladly pass on that for a much larger representation of G2014 without joint lines. I just hope that Sideshow can pull off the proportions and paint app then I'll be stoked.

Where are the rest of the SHMA reveal pictures, I wonder? I need something to spend my money on after seeing the movie. :lol

Where are the rest of the SHMA reveal pictures, I wonder? I need something to spend my money on after seeing the movie. :lol

I'm wondering myself, you know they exist cuz we got the blurred versions, I wonder why the delay in showing the gallery.

I've scouring the internet the past few days for a good figure or take on the 2014 Godzilla, figured the freaks would be able to point me in the right direction, so far the best thing I've seen are the prototypes for the bigger NECA figure to come, have I missed anything else good, upcoming, or already released? Many thanks!

The 12" NECA is hitting stores now and is a great figure for $20 if you don't mind it only being 6" tall. I also recommend the Pack of Destruction and Destruction City Packs from Bandai, they're cheap little 3" figures but the detail is awesome and right now it's the only way to get the mutos.

Back