Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SH-MonsterArts-2019-Godzilla-028.jpg

SH-MonsterArts-2019-Godzilla-019.jpg

SH-MonsterArts-2019-Godzilla-010.jpg

SH-MonsterArts-2019-Godzilla-016.jpg

Body proportions are horribly off to give all the extra articulation, SHMA gives more articulation but they lose proportion for it.

I have yet to see a review of the NECA KOTM Godzilla without awful painted wonky eyes, teeth, and gums. It looks terrible.

I haven't had much luck with Neca Godzilla figures lately. My 62's arm popped off the moment I took him out of the box and won't go back on and the KOTM version's head popped off and wouldn't reattach either.

Well for starters this Godzilla design was never given great gums and teeth to begin with even in the movies or if he was it surely doesn’t translate well to any toy cheap or expensive and with that being said come on guys were talking about a $25 figure here those nitpicks are easily fixable with a $1 paintbrush and $3 worth of easy to use no maintenance acrylic paint.

Not saying NECA was flawless, I had to do paint touch up on my 2019 head, just saying for display, I prefer less articulation and better accuracy from NECA to the weird proportions SHMA has, pin head, skinny body, I just like that NECA balances articulation with retaining the film look. Some SHMA Godzillas look fine despite it but ones like ‘64 and 2019 look off as a result.

I can see frustration with NECA, I have paint skills so it was no biggy to fix but I’m sure for some it’s not an option.

As a Godzilla fan, it’s great having so many options to pick from just for this film alone.

I enjoy both Neca and MonsterArts. Just haven't had a lot of luck with the past couple of Neca Godzilla releases. I'll probably exchange them at Target if I see them show up there again.

This is pretty cool. I saw somebody in one of the Facebook groups I frequent got one. I think I remember a Toys R Us store I used to go to as a kid had this in their doorway, but it didn't work.

I'm so excited to get NECA Rodan and Mothra, I haven't gotten figures other than Godzilla since the Trendmasters line.

I'm so excited to get NECA Rodan and Mothra, I haven't gotten figures other than Godzilla since the Trendmasters line.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to Mothra and Rodan. They're looking pretty cool. I may try to hunt down a Mothra at Gamestop this weekend.

The Trendmasters days were pretty great for a kid who had little access to Godzilla toys growing up. I had a lot of those. Even found the rare Megalon and Baragon at Kaybee Toys once, but my mom only let me get one. I went with Baragon, of course.

SHMA is more poseable and fun, but especially standing next to NECA, looks quite off from the movie.
Exactly, the Neca is much better painted too, the dry brush really shows off all the details on the fine sculpt whereas SHM just has a cheap monotone coating that's very subpar to its detailed sculpt. The gaps in SHM also annoys the hell out of me, one reason they break the proportion so much, the Neca one looks a lot more streamlined and compact thus more movie accurate especially side by side. I guess pick your poison tho, I prefer the more movie accurate and better painted Neca all said and done. Just wish they have a 24" version coming up soon.

Maul do you know if the “powered up” painted NECA 6” come with painted over atomic eyes or can you see the pupils?

Some pics show the eyes painted over while others don’t.

Finally picked up my SHMA Godzilla 2019 figure today. Its my first SHMA purchase and likely my last given how crap this figure is.

First I was taken aback at just how tiny the figure is. Considering the giant brown mailer box it came in and then the actual packaging...this dude is tiny and the proportions for his button head seem off.

Taking the figure out of the box and I'm presented with one of his feet detached from his leg. lol Luckily it just snapped back on but things only got worse has i tried to turn and pose the figure resulting in his head falling off and then a cascade of issues followed resulting in pieces of his next area/articulation falling off with it. I'm not even going to bother switching out the mouth pieces for the Atomic Breath because given the issues already I'd half expect the whole figure to fall to pieces.

For the price this figure has ended up being an expensive lemon that doesn't even look that good just posed, however precariously as not to fall to pieces, on display.

Back