Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always felt the resin image kit was the most accurate
desugoji30-7.jpg

Just received my 91 Sakai today.

There are tiny paint chips on many areas of the figure..and on the nose area there is some mold flash and uneven paint.

My 89 30cm also have some very minor paint issue, but the 91 sakai is really not acceptable for me as a $200+ figure..especially the paint scheme is so simple!

I am done with X-plus...was contemplating the new burning when I saw the release this morning but after unboxing the Sakai and seeing the QC problem, I'm really disappointed. Nevertheless, the sculpt is bloody fantastic.

Just received my 91 Sakai today.

There are tiny paint chips on many areas of the figure..and on the nose area there is some mold flash and uneven paint.

My 89 30cm also have some very minor paint issue, but the 91 sakai is really not acceptable for me as a $200+ figure..especially the paint scheme is so simple!

I am done with X-plus...was contemplating the new burning when I saw the release this morning but after unboxing the Sakai and seeing the QC problem, I'm really disappointed. Nevertheless, the sculpt is bloody fantastic.

That is so unusual ... I have NEVER ( so far) had any problems with an xplus godzilla ... I always expect to since I'm also a neca collector, so I've been beaten into that mindset,
but xplus, kotobukiya, bandai ( japan), kaiyodo ( except their she T boxes)....I've never had paint problems with....

I agree, I have both 95 kits Image did and they are excellent. I also have this 89 Image kit that is one of my favs. Need to build them one day

b1b754d5a3a0cc562959ef5beea8162b.jpg

Nice. Yes. WOuld be cool to see them. The 89 looks great, and is a pretty huge kit-- especially with those thunder thighs!

Yeah I love my 20cm version. Never did buy the 30cm version. Really should have.

The 30-cm one definitely stands out imo. I did see a quick glimpse of your 20cm when you posted your collection online. Should post a dedicated picture of it in the future. I'm sure it's excellent.

That is so unusual ... I have NEVER ( so far) had any problems with an xplus godzilla ... I always expect to since I'm also a neca collector, so I've been beaten into that mindset,
but xplus, kotobukiya, bandai ( japan), kaiyodo ( except their she T boxes)....I've never had paint problems with....

IMAG4322.jpgIMAG4326.jpgIMAG4329.jpgIMAG4319.jpg

Yeah I expect paint issues with neca but then again they cost less than 1/2 of the X-plus for their 1/4 figures.

There were little white chips around the left side of the head and around the nose there was some bad molding and flash...had to trim and do some paint touch-up...let me know what you guys think..thanks!!

The 30-cm one definitely stands out imo. I did see a quick glimpse of your 20cm when you posted your collection online. Should post a dedicated picture of it in the future. I'm sure it's excellent.

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow. I had someone I know do the paint on it. He's a huge fan of the 95 and really enjoys getting every nuance down.

I love the paint job my friend did. I played with the contrast only on this shot and you'd swear this was actually glowing. They did make a clear resin version that you could light up if you wanted, but that's not what this is.
006.JPG

G-GMK (kit version) finished, and took a couple of quick shots. Better photos will follow in a week or two - promise! Spines are very lightly airbrushed at the base to blend into the back of the figure, but still clear at the tips.

It was unbelievable how well the pieces fit together. I needed only the smallest amount of seam filler at a few points. Considering that I got him for less than $250, I'm overjoyed.

Last edited:
Back