Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i know everyone likes pics, so i'd figure i's post cool Godzilla and other Kaiju kits i photographed at JerseyFest a couple years back.

Awesome pics Zzzzzzerker. I want that 54 mountain peekaboo kit :drool

Awesome stuff. I watched Destroy All Monsters this past weekend. I hope Amazon gets MonsterArts Godzilla 2014 in pretty soon.

Thanks for the pics. Titanosaurus and the '64 Godzilla head are my favorite pieces.

I can't wait to watch DAM. I haven't seen it in far far too long.

Another misleading title in the crowded series of misleading titles. The real title should be the gang-rape of king ghidorah.

I've had good success with acrylic hobby paints of any type. The ones at hobby lobby work fine, Mr. Hobby paint, etc. It's best to get several different colors and mix them together until it matches the tone of Godzilla's skin very closely. Then you brush a little bit onto a paper plate or whatever to test the color when it dries. I've done this to fix slight paint chips on Godzilla toenails and it's worked pretty well.

Thanks B :hi5:

The postman brought me some presents! :panic: I keep pressing the roar button on my steelbook :lol

View attachment 134178

Bundle of joy :lol

i know everyone likes pics, so i'd figure i's post cool Godzilla and other Kaiju kits i photographed at JerseyFest a couple years back.

IMG_2795-1.jpg

Thanks for posting! I love the 89 bust!!

... ...

This is what my son sees staring at his bed when he gets up every morning. :lol

His cousins and best friend are frightened by G2014, my son walks around stomping on his Lego airport. :lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    847.3 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Eh mix feelings about my SHMA g 14.just got him today big red paint smudge on his neck.major eye sore.cant see it from the angle I took the pic.emailed amiami to see if they can helpuploadfromtaptalk1411144510573.jpg

Thanks for posting! I love the 89 bust!!

Please don't take offense at this Jaws, because liking something is a purely personal thing, but that is a horrible rendition of the 89, especially in a scale that big. Here is a cast by M1 of the actual head used. I have this in my collection, but this is a stock picture. I love Godzilla in all forms, but I have a difficult time liking something just because somebody says it's supposed to be something.89.jpg

Please don't take offense at this Jaws, because liking something is a purely personal thing, but that is a horrible rendition of the 89, especially in a scale that big. Here is a cast by M1 of the actual head used. I have this in my collection, but this is a stock picture. I love Godzilla in all forms, but I have a difficult time liking something just because somebody says it's supposed to be something.View attachment 134687

I had to read this a couple of times and even have my wife read it in order to get my head around it...

I think you took my loving of that 89 bust to mean that I love it as a perfect replica of the 89 Godzilla. I know that it is not what G looked like in 89 but it is what the bust was named and so I called it that... I love it cause it looks cool. Not because I think it's an accurate portrait of the big G. It is obviously a stylized version and I love it :)

Like you I love Godzilla in all his forms... I like the SHMA Godzilla 2014... Even though the company took many liberties with it. I love the SHMA Godzilla 2000... Which actually looks nothing like G 2000 rather it looks like yuji sakai's interpretation of G 2000. I prefer that look actually.

I get a tad hung up on your "but I have a difficult time liking something just because somebody says it's supposed to be something." With that logic I should not like the above mentioned SHMA or the SSC Godzilla because they have taken some artistic liberties also. Same goes for the GBG.. It is a stylized version of Burning Godzilla... But I still love all of them, despite their lack of accuracy, because they all look awesome!

My point it.. I like what I like.

That Godzilla bust could have been called Godzilla 54 and I would still love it because I like the look of it.

Last edited:
I agree. I love stylized Godzilla designs all the time. The T-Facto Godzilla Evolution, the "Original Image" Godzilla kit, Honey Bones '54, and the early illustrations of Godzilla '99 way more than the in-film product. Several people have mentioned they prefer the Sakai 2014 over the in-film version. Jaws' point about GBG is accurate as well. He looks less like a man in suit and more like a real life unstoppable nuclear diety. I think that '89 bust looks more feral and vicious than the one that was posted after it and I can still easily tell which suit it's representing.

Back