Godzilla Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone needs to make one with lightup spines dangit.

If NECA makes a 36" HTT figure, I could see them adding this, I'm sure they skipped lights on the 24" due to keeping the figure proportions and aesthetics, they might have had to change too much to build in lights on that one but I'm sure they'd try on a bigger one, they put lights in 18" Knifehead.

But its Godzilla.

Size does matter. :lol

Indeed, though it's a balance of quality and size for me. Size alone, JAKKS is King, but the soft details and small spines, it's a cool figure but it just lacks some of the 2014 look, not as much as SHMA, but some.

If NECA makes a 36" HTT figure, I could see them adding this, I'm sure they skipped lights on the 24" due to keeping the figure proportions and aesthetics, they might have had to change too much to build in lights on that one but I'm sure they'd try on a bigger one, they put lights in 18" Knifehead.

That's what I'm hoping for. The light up feature on the 18" Gipsy Danger and Knifehead is really good. I would love to have a comparable Godzilla with light up spines and maybe lights in the mouth as well :pray:

That's what I'm hoping for. The light up feature on the 18" Gipsy Danger and Knifehead is really good. I would love to have a comparable Godzilla with light up spines and maybe lights in the mouth as well :pray:

What would be really impressive, but also costly, would be if they did LED's that lit up sequentially from the tail up the back just like the movie effect, that'd be awesome.

I love that part of the movie design, the energy surging through his body until it hits his mouth and then he releases it, it seems more functional than Toho's style where the spines just glowed and then it came out. As much as I love the Toho atomic breath, Legendary's gives more a sense of the power of it because it has a build up.

What would be really impressive, but also costly, would be if they did LED's that lit up sequentially from the tail up the back just like the movie effect, that'd be awesome.

I love that part of the movie design, the energy surging through his body until it hits his mouth and then he releases it, it seems more functional than Toho's style where the spines just glowed and then it came out. As much as I love the Toho atomic breath, Legendary's gives more a sense of the power of it because it has a build up.

:drool :drool :drool

That would be so good….

and yeah, It's a great build up moment in itself. You hear the noise, then see the spines lighting up starting at the tail…oh boy…Yes I need a toy that does that :lol

^^ didnt notice that will have to go back and look.

its not movie accurate but i kinda dig how its stylized abit, the japanese ver. almost becomes a entire new design its so diff. the neca is where its at for movie accuracy IMO no doubt. glad i got one.:clap

Alright so I received the SHMA Destroyah in today and what more can I say than "Bad Ass" It really is a superb figure to have. Very nicely sculpted and painted. Articulation is what you expect a SHMA to do and it is pretty massive! I thought it would be a tad bigger but other than that i'm very satisfied with the purchase. I will be making a review on him hopefully tomorrow or sometime before I leave on vacation. Here's a quick pic I took of him with the King and his son.

Ryan
3143r54.jpg

Bio won't be happy until it shoots out atomic breath. :lol

The surge build up was mind blowing incredible, although I still prefer the width of the Toho Atomic Breath, the 2014 was a tad too thin. But I loved the neon purple. :lol

His surge scene is my favorite of the summer with Cap fighting coming a close second.

:drool :drool :drool

That would be so good….

and yeah, It's a great build up moment in itself. You hear the noise, then see the spines lighting up starting at the tail…oh boy…Yes I need a toy that does that :lol

That guy built a cardboard one with lights. :lol

Lol, I agree with others, an ultimate release with light up spikes, mouth, and more than one sound effect would be ideal. *hopes with no real optimism*

I hope the 24" Neca ships soon. Come on BBTS!

You know, I like both the Neca and SHMA. The eyes on the Neca are way to big though. And the gold makes it look cheap for some reason.

Cool video of the SHMA G2014, but it definitely highlights all the lost details from the movie design that I love. As much as their are things I love about this figure compared to NECA or anyone else, overall, it doesn't do it for me. This is the 3rd best Godzilla 2014 figure to me from what we've seen.

High-res images of the display here.

Hope they make the MUTOs. :pray:

Back