Godzilla Anime (2017)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody is ever happy with a updated Godzilla look until a month or so after it is released on film. Look how much crap Shin got at first from everyone, including myself. This might be cool, think about. Kinda like Godzilla 2014's basic shaped and more realistic proportions but with Shin's feet, texture and coloring.

Most of the worst reaction to Shin was based on lousy photos of a puppet that never even made it into the film. Had people seen official shots of the actual CGI model, reactions would be more euqual to today where people still have mixed feelings about some of it.

I was concerned from early pics as well, but our glimpses of Animezilla are official, even if shadowed, so there's less room for a change of heart with the final product.

I don't think that's a outer layer of muscle tissue like the Colossal Titan, it just his skin texture.

I don't think that's a outer layer of muscle tissue like the Colossal Titan, it just his skin texture.
:exactly: It's the same as this:

XPlus-Gigantic-Godzilla-2001-GMK-Texture-Big.jpg

But when the cg animation comes into play it will probably look absolutely awful. I don't know why anime studios are trying to put cgi in some works. It makes the show look awful. They destroyed berserk with it and now this Godzilla might look like a janky mess.

But when the cg animation comes into play it will probably look absolutely awful. I don't know why anime studios are trying to put cgi in some works. It makes the show look awful. They destroyed berserk with it and now this Godzilla might look like a janky mess.

CGI is cheaper to produce a full show. Animation takes a lot of time and money. That's why every anime these days have like 3 minute intros. It's filler so they don't have to animate as much for the actual episode :lol

CGI is cheaper to produce a full show. Animation takes a lot of time and money. That's why every anime these days have like 3 minute intros. It's filler so they don't have to animate as much for the actual episode :lol
Haha! You're probably right. :lol

He's 100% right tho. It's the same as with CGI bein' used most of the time instead of practical FX.

Look at even kids half hour cartoon shows, they're all computer generated now, there are next to no traditional animation shows today.

**** TV shows. I just don't understand why even animated standalone FILMS are fake CG crap.

No **** cgi all together tbh. It was cool. It serves its purpose but it's getting annoying and now it's ****ing up anime. Hard work pays off. Give me hand drawn fluid animation of janky weird cgi any day.

He's 100% right tho. It's the same as with CGI bein' used most of the time instead of practical FX.

Yeah...It's eeeeeeasier and cheaper. That's all that matters these days

Look at even kids half hour cartoon shows, they're all computer generated now, there are next to no traditional animation shows today.

There are still animated shows but the animation is really bad. There's almost no detail and the animation is so stiff and simple.

**** TV shows. I just don't understand why even animated standalone FILMS are fake CG crap.

No **** cgi all together tbh. It was cool. It serves its purpose but it's getting annoying and now it's ****ing up anime. Hard work pays off. Give me hand drawn fluid animation of janky weird cgi any day.

It really is a shame, it's becoming a lost art almost like handwriting. Studio Ghibli is one of the last bastions of traditional animation, but i think even they are starting to bend.

Lol it really is sad. You can see the lazyness in the cg "animation". It's missing a certain spark it's just very lazy imo. The best scenes in anime had very smooth animation. Like the lone swordsman movie. That fight was just damn epic and it was all animation.

Toho has produced 6 foot tall statues of Godzilla 2014 and Shin Godzilla and this looks to be progress shots of the Anime Godzilla for promotional purposes.

Back