Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah. This line rocks. Whoever has Aragorn already can see the potential here.

Yup, lots of potential here I think. Which hopefully folks will try to take a look at with letting love for other lines get in the way and judge it fairly. Right now the ES are just right on the Ex but could be a little lower on the regs along with the prices being right in line with everything else making that price jump.

A week or so is good for LOTR but then again nothing really sells out in 12 hours anymore for anything. As far as LOTR PF being popular they are but LOTR isn't as quick a seller as it was a few years back.

I was just surprised as I didn't even know it was available and saw the low content warning! I screwed up listening to folks on here with the CC PF. hahaha Took a little dwarf to be the popular one.

Was in the newsletter last week you gotta read it all. :) Gimli has some backing thats for sure.

Here's a dumb question...what is the difference between a PF statue and a maquette and a diorama?

Here's a dumb question...what is the difference between a PF statue and a maquette and a diorama?

A pf is sculpted with the portrait and body while the clothing is material, items can be of other materials, etc. The maquettes are all sculpted same with dios. Also pf are 1:4 and maquettes 1:6th.

How can you tell how many are left? Also, it's listed as a PF statue, not maquette on the page unless I am missing something??

So, if it sales out, it may not really be sold out as in second chance or cancelled orders? Also, is this a piece likely to be another Dr. Doom or be like others than go up maybe 100-200 after a few years?

So, if it sales out, it may not really be sold out as in second chance or cancelled orders? Also, is this a piece likely to be another Dr. Doom or be like others than go up maybe 100-200 after a few years?

Yes.

No.

Legolas Ex is the lowest edition at 350. Either way, my advice is to collect these because you love them (and LOTR) and not grailability. I don't see these going up in price that soon. I will say this: for the price these are pretty great pieces. May be people will see that or may be they won't. Nowadays semi-naked Vampirellas and Darth Talons dominate the market as T&A are the sure sellers when it comes time to cancel or pay up.

Yeah, I learned pretty quickly that these aren't really investments. Sure, once in awhile a PF Dr. Doom will come around, but even the 2005 ROTLA PF Indy took a long time to sell and I recently paid under a $100 more than it's original price to get it. It's not like paintings with guaranteed hefty appreciation. This hobby seems more like a hobby than a collectible for appreciation type thing. If I knew Gimli would sell out today and when released, they were selling for 500 instantly on Ebay, I might kick myself. But I doubt that will be the case...

Legolas Ex is the lowest edition at 350. Either way, my advice is to collect these because you love them (and LOTR) and not grailability. I don't see these going up in price that soon. I will say this: for the price these are pretty great pieces. May be people will see that or may be they won't. Nowadays semi-naked Vampirellas and Darth Talons dominate the market as T&A are the sure sellers when it comes time to cancel or pay up.

Agreed! Collect because you love the material and what the pieces represent from that material. I'm with ya as well as pieces like what we're seeing from the LOTR line are looking great and will set themselves apart in the market we have currently.

Back