Statue Gimli Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To play devils advocate here, those screen grabs of Gimli not showing much emotion are from shots where he's not actually fighting....
But the point is, if he's leaping off a rock onto an enemy, he would be making some noise.
I do think it's a minor issue though as it works fine as is.

I'm not sure which screencaps you were looking at FE, but almost every one I provided had him actually swinging his axe [or in the process of doing so] and surrounded by enemies....if that's not fighting I don't what is.

And I don't see him making any noise [at least not with his mouth, as it is clearly shut] as he leaps off of Balin's tomb and onto an unfortunate Orc.

2010-11-04_082715.png

But like you say, this is a minor issue. Some will prefer more emotion, other's will not....but as in the case of every statue we will always have varying views on what constitutes the perfect statue therefore it is impossible to please everyone.

Okay gang, I need some talking off the ledge today. I'm all over the place with this line and collecting in general lately. Some may know that I've recently fallen back into attempting to put together a full run of Fantastic Four and that can be extraordinarily expensive. I'm cutting from all over the place, and these maquettes are on my list. However every time I come back to these posts, especially where Gimli is concerned, I find myself unwilling or unable to hit the cancel button on the previous two. I'm just not sure. I know, its a totally personal decision, but I knew you guys could light a fire under my butt and get me to order today, so...

Okay gang, I need some talking off the ledge today. I'm all over the place with this line and collecting in general lately. Some may know that I've recently fallen back into attempting to put together a full run of Fantastic Four and that can be extraordinarily expensive. I'm cutting from all over the place, and these maquettes are on my list. However every time I come back to these posts, especially where Gimli is concerned, I find myself unwilling or unable to hit the cancel button on the previous two. I'm just not sure. I know, its a totally personal decision, but I knew you guys could light a fire under my butt and get me to order today, so...

To quote Aragorn [when speaking to GTW at Edoras]..."what does your heart tell you?" :wink1:

I'd say screw the fantastic four comics. I'd give up all my comics over these amazing lotr pieces.

I can't quite toss the FF out the window, I've been vested with them since the early 80's and only came to love LOTR with the release of the films. Blasphemy, I know. But at least I am committed to jettisoning my entire 6000-7000 issue collection to fund a full run of FF. I'm notoriously all over the place with my collecting habits. But happy to still be in on the ground floor with this maquette line. I think the two may be able to live harmoniously in my small collection space. I mean, the comic collection is pretty much consuming the entire guest bedroom, so really I need to get cracking on moving them out, padding the paypal balance in anticipation for SDCC, and keeping the office for collectibles only...

I'm leaning toward an order of Gimli... :D

I can't quite toss the FF out the window, I've been vested with them since the early 80's and only came to love LOTR with the release of the films. Blasphemy, I know. But at least I am committed to jettisoning my entire 6000-7000 issue collection to fund a full run of FF. I'm notoriously all over the place with my collecting habits. But happy to still be in on the ground floor with this maquette line. I think the two may be able to live harmoniously in my small collection space. I mean, the comic collection is pretty much consuming the entire guest bedroom, so really I need to get cracking on moving them out, padding the paypal balance in anticipation for SDCC, and keeping the office for collectibles only...

No one is telling you to toss your FF collection out the window...at least not until you have attempted to sell them first. :monkey3 But clearly, your comic collection has become a millstone around your neck and drastic actions may be the only option in this situation....and you are kidding yourself if you think the two collections can exist harmoniously....good and evil cannot co-exist. :nono :wink1:

Mmmm... looks like some polystone goodness!

Heck yeah :hi5::hi5::hi5:

I want to say just sell them and get rid of them but thats not my place. I can only say as I said before if I had to choose the comics I've started reading again full time over the last year or these I'll take the LOTR pieces. That will make a collection you can show off and for me personally be proud of.

Also if you haven't you need to read the books.

I'm a comic book fan for as long as I can remember, well actually I still have my very first comic book, G.I. Joe #33. Which I can clearly remember picking up on the way back from Disney World on our 1985 family vacation. I am at least attempting to clean up my extremely exaggerated collection by getting rid of everything that is not FF, G.I. Joe, or Grendel (with maybe a very few limited exceptions). And comics are what led me to Sideshow in the first place. So I do think the comics and the maquettes can live together in my collection, as long as I pare the comics down and stop branching out in the Sideshow too. I have Gollum on order as well as Vampirella, both of which were impulse buys with NRDs, so they will have to be sold to keep the funds moving for the maquettes.

Gimli sure looks nice, and the felled orc is a nice touch. Nothing about the piece makes me want to not order it, as others have alluded to. Another solid addition to the line, I think. Just the first with an attached NRD has me wondering if I can keep it up.

Oh yeah, and at some point there will be an Alien maquette which I will not be able to afford either!

Back