Action Figure GI JOE Kitbash Parts Help and Trade Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GI JOE Kitbash Parts Help Thread

Doc

doc1.jpg

Baddoc?.......

:) Looks good!

anybody have or know where I can get a pair of ACI green cargo pants?

Looking for a pair of T-1000 sunglasses at a reasonable price, for my Slaughter.

well the feet of a hottoy fit a g.i. joe body ?

hey guys i want to paint a tan color vest in to a red one what cn i use to pull this off.?

if i use a red spray can paint what wouldhappen?

I used a paint pen for Law's vest, it came out looking good. But it took alot of touch up work to get it to look even.

The feet, no. The pegs, yes. But you'll have to boil 'n' dip the boots to get the Sideshow pegs out and put the HotToys pegs in.
I think you mean the feet will but the Hot Toys pegs wont. You need Sideshow pegs.
madmaninsane made some replacement feet for the Pro:
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97264
I don't know how good they are.

I used a paint pen for Law's vest, it came out looking good. But it took alot of touch up work to get it to look even.
I've had the best results from paint pens.
I tried a variety of different fabric paints on pouches, avoid Tulip Soft Fabric paint at all costs, they'll leave your fabric "glittery". I have Deco Art So Soft but I have yet to try it out, the paint pens worked so well.
The Elmer's Painters paint markers are great, just don't over do it. I used some paper towels to lightly dab the paint as I applied it so it wouldn't have too much paint which would give it that paint "sheen" when dried. Also they're alcohol soluble.

its a color tan tactical vest and pouches, let me get the name and where to order the pens.

Here's a before and after on some Crazy Dummy pouches:

Before they were green:
003v2.jpg

After they're black:
033v2.jpg

With Flash and some of the backs:
030vp.jpg

Sorry for the crappy after pics.
That's with the Elmer's Painters marker. There might be something a bit better that StealthFox uses.

Last edited:

Here's a before and after on some Crazy Dummy pouches:

Before they were green:
003v2.jpg

After they're black:
033v2.jpg

With Flash and some of the backs:
030vp.jpg

Sorry for the crappy after pics.
That's with the Elmer's Painters marker. There might be something a bit better that StealthFox uses.

That looks pretty damned good. Does the color run? When I use rit (and I like it a lot, make no mistake), it does not color the thread. Another question...does the fabric of the poches get stiff from the paint or do they keep there texture?

Back