Ghostbusters: Spenser's sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Quick update for those waiting “The Post Office” really did a number on the box with the last of the castings in it. To avoid a very long story it was found and is now on the way to me, I should have it next week.

Spenser, I had emailed you a couple weeks ago about getting the Ernie Hudson sculpt. Would he still be available?
Please email me & let me know.
Thanks!

I hope the whole shipping fiasco is all settled now and everything is AOK. Bump for awesomeness!

Hi Spenser,

I also PMed you about getting all four heads painted. Is that still possible? Please say it is, hehe. I need to get these heads. Incredible work.

Also, for anyone here that knows. How easy is it to swap the Matty heads for these heads? Is it as simple as popping them out and inserting these or will I need to do some alterations. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi Spenser,

I also PMed you about getting all four heads painted. Is that still possible? Please say it is, hehe. I need to get these heads. Incredible work.

Also, for anyone here that knows. How easy is it to swap the Matty heads for these heads? Is it as simple as popping them out and inserting these or will I need to do some alterations. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

These heads won't work at all with the Mattel bodies. You're gonna want new bodies anyway to go with these awesome heads. If you search the forum you can find pictures and recipies that other people are using.

I've been using Hot Toys True Types for my Mattel Ghostbusters conversions. The bodies come with two adapters: an actual neck (which will not be necessary for your purposes,) and a "plug" adapter which fits into the bottom of Spencer's GB heads. You will need to pry this out of the generic head that comes with the body (it's easy - I did it by hand.)

Take TJG's advice and glance through this thread for just about all the info you'll need. I'd suggest starting on Page 54 of this thread - that's where people started using the heads for conversions with the Mattel figures.

Good luck!

J

Ok, thanks MicroJow.

I am trying to find out if I can still get his heads but haven't gotten a reply to my PM from Spencer. Is he still around?

Are the heads still available?

Ok, thanks MicroJow.

I am trying to find out if I can still get his heads but haven't gotten a reply to my PM from Spencer. Is he still around?

Are the heads still available?

He's on vacation until next week. Not sure on the availability of the GB heads but Spencer I don't think does 'runs'. If I'm not mistaken his sculpts are 'always' available. I'm sure he'll post a 'I'm back!' thread. Keep your eyes peeled. :)

You just have to be patient. It took me 3 months to get mine from the day I paid, you just have to let Spenser do his thing. I'll let you know now though, the wait is well worth it.

They are still available. I did the casting of the Ghostbuster heads for him and he received the latest big shipment of them from me right before he went on vacation. I sent him a couple of extra sets for future orders that come in, but can always do more if he gets more orders for them.

Ryan

That's good news for me too BlindVoyeur. I still want to get Spenser's SUPERIOR set of Ghostbusters head sculpts to replace the Mattel ones I have now. :)

Awesome, really looking forward to seeing mine come in in the mail! That godawful head on my custom is really bringing that look of my detolf down... :)

Hey, new guy here. I was just browsing the forums over at Matty and found the link to here. Really great stuff, but I'm hoping I'm not to late to jump on the gravy train. I'm interested in a full set of 4 heads painted. Still available?

Back