Ghostbusters: Spenser's sculpts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The machine is still working!

BEST Ghostbusters sculpts I've seen!

I plan on getting the Mattel figures for the clothing and gear but I definitely will get a set of these sculpts to replace the Mattel heads.

Here’s a quick shot of Bill Murray He’s in the mold rubber now so I’ll post a casting later. I’m working on the Ramis sculpt now, updates later

gbmurray1.jpg

Ramis WIP, the glasses are from another project and aren’t the right shape but I thought they would do for now. I have to work on the ears, eyes, and hair still…

gbramis1.jpg

The machine is still working!

BEST Ghostbusters sculpts I've seen!

I plan on getting the Mattel figures for the clothing and gear but I definitely will get a set of these sculpts to replace the Mattel heads.

EXACTLY my plan too Greg! Repaints will be going to small_studios Josh, and I'd love to get D.A. to weather the GB attire and gear...then they'll look MAGNIFICENT!!! :rock :rock :rock

Stellar work, as always! It's awesome that you are stepping up and delivering the sculpts that people have been so desperately wanting. Can't wait to see what you bring to the table next!

Murray is out of the silicone and Ramis is going in now. I’ll be working on Mr. Aykroyd later today.

Also an executive decision was made; In the interest of giving you guys the best castings possible I’ll be sending off the cleaned resin head casts to be pressure molded and cast. This means a little more time and I know you everyone has waited so long already, but I felt you guys deserve the best. So that means the unpainted heads should have little to no clean up.

So everyone thank BlindVoyeur for volunteering this service. :banana

Murray is out of the silicone and Ramis is going in now. I’ll be working on Mr. Aykroyd later today.

Also an executive decision was made; In the interest of giving you guys the best castings possible I’ll be sending off the cleaned resin head casts to be pressure molded and cast. This means a little more time and I know you everyone has waited so long already, but I felt you guys deserve the best. So that means the unpainted heads should have little to no clean up.

Thats awsome news! Def a great idea Spencer. Also your sculpts look dead on. I may have to get a set when they are finished.

Really great looking sculpts. If I was into Ghostbusters, these would be the ones I would get :rock

These look killer, can't wait to see the rest of the guys, I'll be all over a set of them.

Spenser, maybe you could do Ernie with and w/o a mustache? Just a thought..

great! THANKS RYAN! :whip

Spenser, as usual these look awesome! I can't wait to see the rest, I believe I will be wanting the full set if you keep up this level of work. Thanks for being the consummate sculptor that you are! :banana

great sculpts ! I think they will do the job to replace the mattel's heads.

Spenser you nailed them to the "T"... wow ! Awesome work !

I was really thinking MUrray did not look like Murray when I saw it first. But did a little research and realized that he does indeed not look like Murray as he looked like in GB I

BUT

he ressembles Murray likeness in GB II almost perfectly. I did a quick comparison with some screenshots of the beginning of GB II. Except for minor things (the nose is slight off and the hair a little short), which are perfectly acceptable for me, this is truly Bill Murray. Gongrats Spenser! Great job!

Nevrtheless, we do need a Bill Murray from GB I too but I think you will have to do more than 4 GB heads for us anyway. :D

murraycomparison.jpg

Murray’s hair was an issue right off the bat, even in the first movie his hair changed from one scene to the next. Look at his hair upstairs in the library and then downstairs when they meet the ghost, It’s completely different. This happens many other times in the film, so I just tried to strike a happy medium with it.

I’ll have some pictures of Ray very soon! He coming along nicely.

Yeah, I was thinking the same when I saw that specific scene. The only clear difference you can make is that Murray has a little more weight in GB II so his face is a little thicker but the hairstyle will remain weird... :google

Looking forward to Ray :rock

normal_ghostbusters_128.jpg

Back