Statue Ghost in the Shell: Mixed-Media 1/4 Scale Statue - The Major by Weta Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ugh, still on the fence on this one - On one hand the sculpt is obviously a massive thumbs down, as just seems stretched and the hair is all wrong. There have been much, much better sculpts of ScarJo (i.e GG), but the overall Weta Major piece - WOW.

It's one of those '/MAYBE/ it will look awesome from a distance, when well lit and displayed in your cabinet' situations :dunno (IMO).

I loved the anime, and cannot wait for this movie, and I really really do fancy this piece, warts and all.. :panic:

Ugh, still on the fence on this one - On one hand the sculpt is obviously a massive thumbs down, as just seems stretched and the hair is all wrong. There have been much, much better sculpts of ScarJo (i.e GG), but the overall Weta Major piece - WOW.

It's one of those '/MAYBE/ it will look awesome from a distance, when well lit and displayed in your cabinet' situations :dunno (IMO).

I loved the anime, and cannot wait for this movie, and I really really do fancy this piece, warts and all.. :panic:

:lol:lol:lol:lol Look Good at a Distance, How Far Glass?

I do think they where going for the Water Fight scene from the Movie, based on the Head but then they showed her holding the Geisha's Head, they where on the right path, but from which direction Dunno but then they went sideways, in the movie and Anime she was wearing the Thermal Optic's going into the Geisha House and put them down, they should have stayed with that look, her hair wasn't all wet looking for one like in the Water Fight scene, but this in my opinion they could have done a better job but based on this pic, minus the smile, or something a bit more polished of course she's suppose to be a BADA$$

b410096553266e2310ebbf9373097871.jpg

:lol:lol:lol:lol Look Good at a Distance, How Far Glass?

I do think they where going for the Water Fight scene from the Movie, based on the Head but then they showed her holding the Geisha's Head, they where on the right path, but from which direction Dunno but then they went sideways, in the movie and Anime she was wearing the Thermal Optic's going into the Geisha House and put them down, they should have stayed with that look, her hair wasn't all wet looking for one like in the Water Fight scene, but this in my opinion they could have done a better job but based on this pic, minus the smile, or something a bit more polished of course she's suppose to be a BADA$$

200 + meters with binoculars that have broken, frosted glass.. :monkey3

I was actually thinking more of this type of angle in terms of presentation:

x_weta680102349_b-600x600.jpg

You have to say, it looks perfectly fine from this angle :lol
Still a large amount of money, but as I say I'd love a Major Statue and it's such a shame about the sculpt being so off, as this could have easily been my favourite piece of 2017 hah.

They definitely could have done a better job. I'd have liked a 'This is Major' piece, themed on the roof top scene and 'disrobing' with a 'neutral' expression and building themed base.

Scarlett%2BJohanson%2BGhost%2Bin%2Bthe%2BShell.jpg

200 + meters with binoculars that have broken, frosted glass.. :monkey3

I was actually thinking more of this type of angle in terms of presentation:

View attachment 315056

You have to say, it looks perfectly fine from this angle :lol
Still a large amount of money, but as I say I'd love a Major Statue and it's such a shame about the sculpt being so off, as this could have easily been my favourite piece of 2017 hah.

They definitely could have done a better job. I'd have liked a 'This is Major' piece, themed on the roof top scene and 'disrobing' with a 'neutral' expression and building themed base.

Scarlett%2BJohanson%2BGhost%2Bin%2Bthe%2BShell.jpg

You sir are a Ghost Fan, Excellent Choice

Also ordered it from EE with free shipping. If there isn't a miraculous face sculpt improvement then I'll most likely be cancelling.

Last edited:
Back