GG Blackhole Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gran3131 said:
Darth Loki,

I know that you started this thread but I am assuming you did not start it just to talk about ebay value, which is kinda what it turned into. Also, I was not calling you or anybody else specificaly naive. I can see where if you do not follow these things that much that you would not be able to predict the value that much. Truthfully, I could be completely wrong maybe everyone will get sick of the BHS bust and no one will buy it and the value will drop. Ebay can be a roller coster an we all know this.

From what I have seen this forum is pretty much filled with some great people. I just think that talk about scalping and flipping is kinda like politcs and religion. People are pretty much one sided and I think this kind of talk should, for the most part be avoided. I am not saying that you should not announce that you got one and your are selling it to let everyone know, but excessive talk about it can spark controversey from both sides.

I agree 100%. I'll admit that me and a few others got a little overboard when we saw some of these auctions going for over $600. I'll make a promise not to talk about selling this thing or value or whatever until I get a shipping notice from GG and am ready to sell it. Trust me, part of me does feel bad :emperor , and part of me is like "screw it, make a couple hundred bucks and get some more stuff".

Man, this thread makes me glad I don't really care about clone or storm troopers.

Is that a happy thought?:confused:

Sounds good Loki, I am done talking about this issue as well. It has been nice discussing it with you.

DL,

It's all good. I understand what you gotta do if you feel you gotta do it then hey go for it. Really, I'm not gonna have had feelings towards ya as I said in my PM to ya. I hope whatever you do with it you get what you need to help yourself. :D

Anthony,

Thanks for kind words my friend. They are greatly appreciate. :chew

Tom,

from the blog.

We have started shipping out all orders that were successfully placed for the Blackhole Stormtrooper mini bust. Those whose orders went through, should be receiving an email from our fulfillment house with FedEx tracking information.

Again we want to thank everyone for their patience throughout this process.

You know, there's two types of people in this world. There's the kind of person that has the Blackhole Stormtrooper on order from Gentle Giant and then there's the type like myself who really hates the people that have the Blackhole Stormtrooper on order from Gentle Giant. :emperor :monkey5

Fritz said:
You know, there's two types of people in this world. There's the kind of person that has the Blackhole Stormtrooper on order from Gentle Giant and then there's the type like myself who really hates the people that have the Blackhole Stormtrooper on order from Gentle Giant. :emperor :monkey5

:lol :lol :lol

I'm the first type....got $500.00?? :D

kidding....

not really...:D

Jesseawilson said:
The initial flood may see it in the $400's for a month or two depending on how many peopel are dumping them but as they dry up this will get up around $1K without question.
Jesse

HOLY COW

hairlesswookiee said:
makes me wish i had one on order.... would most definately be good investment.

You better be careful, you can be crusified for that kind of talk.

Darth Loki said:
You better be careful, you can be crusified for that kind of talk.

Over at rebelscum forums you will get burned at the stake. :lol

I am a believer that unless those people who like to put labels on collectors are willing to finance your collection items they can say whatever they want. Not all of us are rich and some of us have to get creative on how we finance our collections.

He who has never sold anything on ebay with an ending bid above cost may cast the first stone. :monkey1

yeah sorry i forgot about what happened yesterday. dont laugh, but i talk a lot. so if i had one of these i probably would end up keeping it that way in about a year or so i could post a thread...."hey look what i found sitting in the attic!!!" with some pics of him. i hope that everyone that truly wants him actually gets him!!!

SolidLiquidFox said:
Over at rebelscum forums you will get burned at the stake. :lol

RS folks do tend to overreact but in this instance I don't blame them (those that missed it) for being a tad pissed. If you missed it which is gonna happen with limited edition pieces and you see someone say I only bought it because I could make a buck you've got the right. It's just like having somone rub salt in an open wound.

SolidLiquidFox said:
I am a believer that unless those people who like to put labels on collectors are willing to finance your collection items they can say whatever they want. Not all of us are rich and some of us have to get creative on how we finance our collections.

Well, I'm a believer in you don't look to **** your fellow collector either. It tends to rub folks the wrong way when someone who had no interest in the item buys it only to use it to make a few bucks when another missed out who really wanted it. You're correct not all of us are rich and some of us have to get things at retail or just a little above to get it so having someone buy something and sell it for 8x the original amount kind of sucks! So yeah if I lose out on something I really wanted and see it being said by someone else, "Hey, I got one to just make a buck off of." I'm gonna be a tad upset and I know others will. So unless you all that have to flip wanna fund our collections maybe you should keep that in mind when buying something.

SolidLiquidFox said:
He who has never sold anything on ebay with an ending bid above cost may cast the first stone. :monkey1

:rolleyes: If you start the opening big below cost and it goes above you're giving folks a chance to get it below cost. Once it goes above that falls on the bidder. If you start it above then you're just looking to make a buck. On new items. You go putting a Balrog on there nobody expects you to list it for $300.

As I said DL has to do what he has to do. I'm not gonna be hard on him. Do I agree with what he feels he has to do. No, I don't but that's not my call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back