GG Blackhole Stormtrooper

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fritz said:
In short, no not to me. I really want it but not for that much. I'd probably go $250 max which means I won't be getting one. :(

I'd be willing to go about $300. $350 depending on the seller.

There's very few on eBay right now. When there were more (as in when they were released in Japan) they were going for less than $400. I fully anticipate the same hapenning when GG starts shipping and there are more than just three listed.

Fritz said:
There's very few on eBay right now. When there were more (as in when they were released in Japan) they were going for less than $400. I fully anticipate the same hapenning when GG starts shipping and there are more than just three listed.

That's why the first one I see from a good seller in the range I'm willing to pay I'm gonna grab it.

I know everyone collects for different reasons, but I'm just wondering why people (I'm not trying to single anyone out) are willing to pay so much for this. I collect a lot of GG busts, and I wanted one because I thought it looked cool, but I can certainly live without it. For me the same goes for pretty much any collectible in the after market that goes for some outrageous price. I'd rather put that $400 towards the next PF.

Ah, such is the life of a collector.

That would be a good idea. Unfortunately, that's still more than it's worth to me. I'll probably just get rid of the current trooper I probably have and wait for Sideshow to make one. That'll be enough for me. I've had about enough of this stuff. Gentle Giant freaks me out with their edition sizes. They go to extremes. They either make one or have one gajjilion pieces. :rolleyes:

I know that's probably not true, but just leave me alone in my misery. :monkey5 :lol

Batty said:
I know everyone collects for different reasons, but I'm just wondering why people (I'm not trying to single anyone out) are willing to pay so much for this. I collect a lot of GG busts, and I wanted one because I thought it looked cool, but I can certainly live without it. For me the same goes for pretty much any collectible in the after market that goes for some outrageous price. I'd rather put that $400 towards the next PF.

Ah, such is the life of a collector.

I guess some people just have enough money that $400 isn't but a drop in the bucket to them. It would be a great problem to have but I'm on the other side of the fense and why mine will be sold to, hopefully, someone here.

Darth Loki said:
I guess some people just have enough money that $400 isn't but a drop in the bucket to them. It would be a great problem to have but I'm on the other side of the fense and why mine will be sold to, hopefully, someone here.
To quote a great movie: "I'd buy that for a dollar!" :lol

Darth Loki said:

I definitely feel you on that one. When you are on a budget it's hard not to flip items such as these. People here spend 1K on Predator, $500 on Grievous PF and other items without missing a beat. More power to them. However, sometimes you gotta fund purchases with other items.

I think Blackhole Stormtrooper will die for the greater good of the Empire...or as Anakin would say: MY new Empire. :rolleyes:

For what these are going for on eBay, there's no way I could let it go for less than $400. I do have an addiction to feed after all :monkey1

Darth Loki said:
For what these are going for on eBay, there's no way I could let it go for less than $400. I do have an addiction to feed after all :monkey1

if you have the confirmation # you should sell it on ebay now while the price is still hot. If you wait too long the price will definitely go down. Not much but lower in price. Just look at the LOTR weta line on ebay. Many are selling wayyy lower in value compared last year's price value.

I still want it to go to a board member though. My lowest price will be set for $50 less than market value but I'll also have a BIN price for anyone who's interested. I do have my confirmation number and will offer it as soon as I get my shipping notice which will hopefully be soon.

I actually got one from a japanese seller with free shipping. It cost alot but I'm sure it will go even higher or anyways won't go down so much, I rather prefer to buy things that are in stock cause I've had people who cheated on me and now I'm buying just in-stock items on ebay!!!

student_toe5 said:
if you have the confirmation # you should sell it on ebay now while the price is still hot. If you wait too long the price will definitely go down. Not much but lower in price. Just look at the LOTR weta line on ebay. Many are selling wayyy lower in value compared last year's price value.

You can't even begin to compare the insatiable appetite of the legion of super geeks for anything limited edition and Star Wars to the LOTR fans. Sure the LOTR fans were hot and heavy when the movies came out but now alot of the band wagoners are jumping off and its just down to the hard core fans/keepers. The initial flood may see it in the $400's for a month or two depending on how many peopel are dumping them but as they dry up this will get up around $1K without question.

Fritz said:
I don't think you'll have a problem. $450 should be about right when things settle. What other GG SW Bust has an edition of 1000 for comparison sake?

There is no other bust with a 1K edition size (actually closer to about 500 in the US), which is why (ontop of how insane it looks in black) this will be one of the most expensive busts out there.

Jesse

This will be the second bust with a 1000 piece edition size, the first was the 2003 SDCC Blue clone trooper bust. However like Jesse said 500 of these were not released in the US. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Jesseawilson said:
You can't even begin to compare the insatiable appetite of the legion of super geeks for anything limited edition and Star Wars to the LOTR fans.

Me afraid of Hardcore Star Wars collectors. If me stuck between them and exclusive item, me get run over. They like Zombies with much, much money.

2 on eBay with starting bids of $800 and $850 respectively! I'd be amazed, but extremely ecstatic if these sold.

Darth Loki said:
2 on eBay with starting bids of $800 and $850 respectively! I'd be amazed, but extremely ecstatic if these sold.

man i knew i should've tried to get one!!!! rats... thats basically an entire month of bills for me. car payment, insurance, electric,water, cell phone... it could all be paid off by selling just ONE toy. im still trying to point this out to my girlfriend that there are benefits of collecting these things.

hairlesswookiee said:
man i knew i should've tried to get one!!!! rats... thats basically an entire month of bills for me. car payment, insurance, electric,water, cell phone... it could all be paid off by selling just ONE toy. im still trying to point this out to my girlfriend that there are benefits of collecting these things.

If my girlfriend ever says anything about my spending on this stuff (which she encourages most of), I just ask her how much CC debt she has. That usually shuts her up pretty quick because I have no outstanding balances on any CC's.

I still don't undestand the visual appeal for the bust. Did you guys know this was going to be worth a lot before the pre-order? How do you know when a product is going to sky rocket in demand like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back