GG animated Saruman statue?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
abstractharmony said:
I was thinking...'You know, I'm gonna draw a line with the GG line. I ain't getting them.'

Then this picture was posted and already I'm planning a move around and where to display them.

Damn You GG, Damn you all to hell...

Now where's my Aragorn?

I too wasn't planning on getting this line. Then I saw that pic of Saruman and quickly changed my toon. My girlfriend is already giving me some of her upstairs area for them.

I saw these pics last week from a fellow member at rebelscum. I don't see how anyone can pass on these. GG seems to be putting more detail in the LOTR line. Hopefully these will be announced after SDCC. :chew

At $80, I'm very very interested! I rather like the idea of caricatures. I don't spose GG have a Yurpean warehouse, do they??

TC :google

TolkienCollector said:
At $80, I'm very very interested! I rather like the idea of caricatures. I don't spose GG have a Yurpean warehouse, do they??

dont forget $80 is a bit high for the maquettes. the SW ones top out at that much, but you can find them for $65 and cheaper on ebay sometimes. i think for the price they are a neat alternative to the higher statues.

hairlesswookiee said:
i think for the price they are a neat alternative to the higher statues.

...or Sideshow 12" figures. There are people that still view the figures as dolls and with a comparable price these are a nice alternative.

My gosh will they ever stop producing LOTR merchandise I want? Sheesh!

I actually kind of like it. I wasn't too sure about whether I wanted to collect the LOTR GG figures but after seeing this one I'm really interested now. My checking account isn't going to be happy.

TolkienCollector said:

No but Amerang distribute the GG stuff over here so they'll be very easy to find.

It looks good for what it is, but I am not a fan of the animated look. I will be open on these (hopefully seeing them in July), but as it stands now, I won't be getting many of them.

I will only be getting the ones that they release.

But will I put them at home with my Sideshow/Weta LOTR stuff, or at work with the other Gentle Giant animated maquettes?

I agree 100%. I need to start cutting back so from now on I'm only getting what's released for SW and LOTR.

tomandshell said:
I will only be getting the ones that they release.

But will I put them at home with my Sideshow/Weta LOTR stuff, or at work with the other Gentle Giant animated maquettes?

I think they should go to work with the other GG maquettes.

I saw this in person at WizardWorld Philadelphia. The statue had a sign saying "No Photography / Early Protype" next to it, and a burly guy standing next to the display case, so I didn't take any pictures for all of you. Still, the statue is pretty cool. If I can figure out where to put it, and see a few more statues in the line, I'm seriously thinking about collecting the GG series.

Since LoTR is the only subject I collect, I will be getting these. I wonder how many they plan to produce? (that is, I wonder how many characters they are planning to do, and if they will all be people or if they will also do creatures).

Nazgurl said:
if they will all be people or if they will also do creatures).

i really hope they do creatures because those are the only characters i'm interested in collecting. i can't wait for what they would look like. :monkey5 Balrog, fell beast, orcs,.....:monkey5

hairlesswookiee said:
dont forget $80 is a bit high for the maquettes. the SW ones top out at that much, but you can find them for $65 and cheaper on ebay sometimes. i think for the price they are a neat alternative to the higher statues.

or internet sellers, like Fireside or Most wanted.

Back