Gentle Giant's Vintage 12" Star Wars Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the rocket firing boba today, really cool brought back some memories. Love the packaging will probably get storm trooper, vader and a biker scout if they do one

Just got my rocket firing Boba Fett. It's very cool. After looking at the packaging though, why do they leave the rocket out of his backpack? Why is GG taking liberties all of a sudden with a line that is supposed to be retro? I don't get it. First Lando's head resculpt and now Boba's rocket not in his pack. What's next?

lol Rocket Firing Boba Fett was never even released on the card in the Kenner line.

I'm aware of that, but they could have left the thing in his pack to simulate the actual packaging. I should have cleared that up cause I knew someone would say that.

I believe the story about the carded Rocket Fett at Toy Fair. Supposedly the back of the card is blank.

Now if that figure is the one, I don't know.

I'm really quite impressed with how the head sculpt translated to
12" size. It's pretty close to accuarte, especially for the times.

I just got mine today. When I opened the box I had to take a moment... Amazing.
Oh, I am talking about Rocket Boba Fett BTW.

Star Wars Gentle Giant 12" Jumbo figures...how to open?

I haven't been here for a while and thought there was a forum just for the GG Jumbos, but I may have been thinking of another site.

For anyone who collects these, is there a way to open the package without damaging it? I have a vinyl cape Jawa figure whose cape is positioned wrong and I'd like to correct it not only for display purposes, but I'm afraid the kink will damage it over time.

I really see no way to open these without cutting the perforations at the bottom.

Re: Star Wars Gentle Giant 12" Jumbo figures...how to open?

Dont cut anything, there should be a few bits of tape around the edges, just undo these, then the back folds away from the front - it remains attached at the bottom, note: the front of the clam shell folds around the back at the edges, but these just slide out when pulled.

Good Luck!!

Re: Star Wars Gentle Giant 12" Jumbo figures...how to open?

I tried pulling it away from the crimped front clam shell, but it's crimped so tightly I can't imagine it going well without damage. Or being able to put it back in place. But I'll try it again...maybe. lol

RE: Rocket Firing Boba Fett

Why did GG put the yellow starburst sticker on the plastic clamshell and not the actual figure card?

BB

RE: Rocket Firing Boba Fett

Why did GG put the yellow starburst sticker on the plastic clamshell and not the actual figure card?

BB

I didn't notice that until you said something. I imagine it's something they forgot and added later.

Does anyone else buy from BBTS? Why do they ship so late?

They still have Greedo and a couple others as "preorders", yet I see people with them in hand on eBay.

Hey guys. I'm new to this whole line so I was wondering if all the figures are hollow (rotocast). I've read the new Boba Fett is so I was wondering if every figure was like this.

Pretty sure they are all hollow otherwise they would be pretty heavy.

Back