Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do like the art direction for each of the pieces, but without a doubt, Whisper is at the top. She's getting the most attention for good reason.

More quality pics man what's happening no one wants to post any pics and there's no vids up on utube either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pics and others were quality and showed the statue as you'll get it. The people that didn't believe or didn't want to admit that the statue wasn't like the prototype could have other motives or blinders on. Anyway, a few people posted videos with the same results as the pics. Namely that the facial paint lacks some of the emotion of the prototype.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf1BpN8Qtlk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GY5cMHb6hps

Got mine finally. She's a real nice statue. Lots of great little details and the sculpt is superb. Just gorgeous.

Nice pics I like the setup too.

Got my Whisper...wow, shes perfect. Are the arms are a little bit too long or is it the pose?

Re: Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Yep got Derby, awesome statue... Lucky should be shipping to me soon...
Oh great! I haven't seen anyone post with regards to Derby and it was my most anticipated in this line. I'm also going to pick up Lucky but I didn't pre-order the others.

Are you getting all of them?

This line looks hot! I caught my eye I give them that and you never know...maybe I will get at least one of them in the near future.

Oh great! I haven't seen anyone post with regards to Derby and it was my most anticipated in this line. I'm also going to pick up Lucky but I didn't pre-order the others.

Are you getting all of them?

Yep, I really like the detail and quality of these pieces...

Yep, I really like the detail and quality of these pieces...
It sounds like you'll have a great display setup. I got a decent deal on Derby and a Lucky ($480 shipped each). The problem is that I've committed to too many pieces this year and these simply don't seem to have that sparkle that they did at the time of their initial previews over four years ago.

Are Derby's clothes mixed media or fully sculpted?

I'd like to get these as planned but I don't think I'll be able to make that happen. I'm still working on what to cancel if I do keep my preorder on these two.

Decisions...still, I've always said that if you have to really think about buying something in this hobby, then you shouldn't get it so that is something else to think about, I suppose. Not sure that I'd love these now because the collecting landscape had changed a lot in the past 4 years.

All of them are full sculpted.... Yeah I can relate to having to many pre-orders.... I've had to sell a lot of statues over the last year as I try to figure out what I want my collection to really look like... Space is becoming scarce and statues are getting expensive...

I'm a bit late to the party, but when I saw Collectibles Direct was doing a 20% off sale for March and they had Whisper in stock, I did what anyone reasonble person would do and smashed the buy button until she arrived at my door. That was yesterday and today she's here:

Arrived unbroken, undamaged and with a spear gun tip that is sharp enough to cut me (which it did)

Gentle Giants Honey Trap Whisper #551 / 600 :

Put her in the PAX only to find out she won't fit, the spear gun is too long... O_O

Edit: As I can't live with displaying her armless and can't adjust the shelves in the PAX for the time being I popped her in the space I was saving for Cleopsis...

Last edited:
Got my Lucky today and just like the Whisper...she is perfect. They only made 280 pieces :cool:
When i ordered her in a shop in germany, Gentle Giant send her without the Dog Tags so the shop write to GG and they send it seperatly. So if anybody had no Tags please contact GG and you will get them.

Edit:
I am not a big fan of this acrylic glass bases so i think i will made a double base for my two ladies.

Too bad they didn't finish the line; I wanted their Fireball statue.

2NRraRKsTSnU8YZLc6uV_fireballfrontsd.jpg

I actually like the acrylic base. I feel most bases today are getting too big and busy that they start to take away from the statue. These bases are nice and clean like something you see in a museum.

Back