Statue Gentle Giant: "Honey Trap" line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my email that I could PO but the line besides being a sexy female doesn't make me want to order. The price is a bit much but the ES is obviously attractive. As far as this being "that" detailed I would highly disagree. I've got multiple The Lord of the Rings items or The Hobbit items from either Sideshow or Weta that have more detail. Not to mention even something I don't have like the new Reaper LSF is WAY more detailed than this. It's nice but it ain't all that IMO.

Got my email that I could PO but the line besides being a sexy female doesn't make me want to order. The price is a bit much but the ES is obviously attractive. As far as this being "that" detailed I would highly disagree. I've got multiple The Lord of the Rings items or The Hobbit items from either Sideshow or Weta that have more detail. Not to mention even something I don't have like the new Reaper LSF is WAY more detailed than this. It's nice but it ain't all that IMO.

Completely agree. There are many SS pieces from multiple lines that would blow this away.

Given GG's new price structure (have a look at what they're asking for some of the new star wars stuff) I will be shocked if the regular versions sell for less than $450 a pop.

GG understands that sexy female statues are the top selling statues out there right now. Out of all the Honey Trap pieces this is easily the best one so I can see the logic behind this exclusive. I would go as far as saying that the others don't match up to the execution of this one and just plainly fall short. This one has a theme and it sticks with it. The others are just a bunch of pin up/pop culture stuff added on top of another. Roller skates with crowd control gear? Really?

People here say all the time that they would pay for quality. This is GG putting all of you guys to the test and they picked your addiction to sexy females to test you. They proved that high QC and good paint apps are possible with the Sucker Punch girls. Now is time to pay the price for more intricate pieces. Start at $400 which is the average price of a PF nowadays. Then add extra for higher QC. Then add more for exclusivity as these pieces have edition sizes like Sideshow used to have 7 years ago and you will never see that low again from Sideshow.

The fact that these are unlicensed means nothing because this is GG and not Sideshow. GG is not making thousands of statues a year and reaping the money in volume sales. They can't even do that for their mini-busts anymore. GG may have chosen to produce less but make it better. Lord knows that is what some of us wish that Sideshow did nowadays with all the good licenses they have. GG has a Marvel license and they'll put out intricate pieces with small ES like that Hawkeye in Sky-Cycle at a high price. They made just enough to fulfill orders and they priced that sucker high. Did anyone here really expected the Honey Trap line to be $300?? Come on guys.

^ "Start at $400 which is the average price of a PF nowadays..."

Based on their latest pricing structure for new pre orders, the average is more like $375, fwiw.

Frankly, the only way these ridiculous prices will stop is when fanboys put their foot down and refrain from plunking down that kind of cash. I don't buy lots of PF statues, but it looks like SS still has a good number still available... typically just the Exclusive version selling out.

I would love to own most if not all of the Honey Trap statues, but quite simply there is no way I'd pay over $350... and for that price I'd still have to be more selective of what I ordered (and would still order from a 3rd party to get the pre order discount).

At least with the Gentle Giant regular edition products you can pre-order for a 20% discount through multiple online retailers. Sideshow has cut back their discount to retailers substantially, so you're lucky to get 5-10% off and their price increases have been just as bad as Gentle Giant if not worse.

these super details are mixed media, not fully polystone. They look amazing though. good for you. i have the sucker punch ladies and they are my favourites.

To be honest, this has way more detail than ANY sideshow piece and only 100 made (for the variant). Not saying the price is right but you should definitely not have expected them to come in at $250.

IMHO the GG Sucker Punch line is one of the nicest statue lines ever made...They are just so beautiful ...This new mega rare expensive piece is no exception...It will sell out no doubt and in no time be a $1000 plus....If I hade the other 5 girls I would have to get this one...Grats to anyone that gets this new piece

:horror the price is crazy for this! Now companies are just going overboard with thier super excessive prices. :lecture so then the regs will most likely be quite a bit as well since they know people want these. I'm glad I'm passing on this. Way too much money. Should be 250.00 or 350.00 max.

I was expecting $350 for the reg... may $400 for the exclusive.

To be honest, this has way more detail than ANY sideshow piece and only 100 made (for the variant). Not saying the price is right but you should definitely not have expected them to come in at $250.

The transparent suit on this one is off the hook. I am hoping it is that detail that pushed the price up... :pray:

these super details are mixed media, not fully polystone. They look amazing though. good for you. i have the sucker punch ladies and they are my favourites.

I agree. They look amazing in person !

I have to say I will be disappointed if the regulars are overpriced. Especially for a non-licensed piece.

It will make me regret passing on the SP pieces that much more. :panic:

Completely agree. There are many SS pieces from multiple lines that would blow this away.

Given GG's new price structure (have a look at what they're asking for some of the new star wars stuff) I will be shocked if the regular versions sell for less than $450 a pop.

I still disagree on the details. I myself still think the details on this one wipes out any competition by far. SS can't even come close to this type of details. But as for the prices on the regs you may be right. I would be upset if these regs will start pass 350.00 ea.

GG understands that sexy female statues are the top selling statues out there right now. Out of all the Honey Trap pieces this is easily the best one so I can see the logic behind this exclusive. I would go as far as saying that the others don't match up to the execution of this one and just plainly fall short. This one has a theme and it sticks with it. The others are just a bunch of pin up/pop culture stuff added on top of another. Roller skates with crowd control gear? Really?

People here say all the time that they would pay for quality. This is GG putting all of you guys to the test and they picked your addiction to sexy females to test you. They proved that high QC and good paint apps are possible with the Sucker Punch girls. Now is time to pay the price for more intricate pieces. Start at $400 which is the average price of a PF nowadays. Then add extra for higher QC. Then add more for exclusivity as these pieces have edition sizes like Sideshow used to have 7 years ago and you will never see that low again from Sideshow.

The fact that these are unlicensed means nothing because this is GG and not Sideshow. GG is not making thousands of statues a year and reaping the money in volume sales. They can't even do that for their mini-busts anymore. GG may have chosen to produce less but make it better. Lord knows that is what some of us wish that Sideshow did nowadays with all the good licenses they have. GG has a Marvel license and they'll put out intricate pieces with small ES like that Hawkeye in Sky-Cycle at a high price. They made just enough to fulfill orders and they priced that sucker high. Did anyone here really expected the Honey Trap line to be $300?? Come on guys.

Good point you have there. Sad but very true.

I think the Marvel licensed characters with vehicles still comes with a licensing fee for the products. These are not any more detailed than the sucker punch ladies. Rocket's rocket was just as detailed as this scuba gear, and she could be had for $189. The quibble everyone has is they annouced these girls almost like a team of sorts with great fanfare about an online comic book to give some backstory and then a year later they hit you with this $700 Unknown...? Are you getting her?

I think the Marvel licensed characters with vehicles still comes with a licensing fee for the products. These are not any more detailed than the sucker punch ladies. Rocket's rocket was just as detailed as this scuba gear, and she could be had for $189. The quibble everyone has is they annouced these girls almost like a team of sorts with great fanfare about an online comic book to give some backstory and then a year later they hit you with this $700 Unknown...? Are you getting her?

:lecture:lecture:lecture:lecture

And of course she is sold out ! :slap

I must admit, if I had the money to blow I would have gotten her.

I just want to know the retail of the regulars. If that sucks I may begin pursuing the SP pieces.

Ridiculous price looks great but nowhere near worth it, if the normal line is over $350 I am out as well

The SDCC Whisper Exclusive is now sold out on GG's site. Pretty darn fast at that high price for an unknown character. I suspect a lot of flippers will be hitting the bay with this one.

I wonder how many they had online compared to what they are bringing to SDCC? There may be some buzz around the Gentle Giant booth again this year, but unless these start selling on ebay for $1K in the next few weeks, I'm not sure how many people are willing to drop $670 at the convention for something like this.

This sucks... I decided why not, I don't buy many statues. Paid the $80 only to learn SOLD OUT!! Would be nice if they advertised this and not let you know after you pay the $80 to be a member! :slap This whole thing keeps getting worse and worse.

Edit: Okay now it say sold out when you're not logged in... so it literally sold out right when my account went active...

Last edited:
Back