General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

Its funny how the haters ALWAYS ALWAYS find the ONE little thing they can make someone feel bad about.... lol. Anything to keep the people on top from enjoying the moment.

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad. My bad if the POSSIBILITY of lebron leaving hurt your feelings. You guys are in an enviable position...you have the best player in the game right now and could win multiple titles. I don't see how you wouldn't enjoy that. My only point was that in a few years, the run COULD be over...nothing more, nothing less. It was more just food for thought...

I don't understand why Omar gets his feelings hurt about this scenario. Spurs fans had to hear this talk a couple of times during Duncan's tenure, he came VERY CLOSE to signing with the Magic back in the early'00's...Lakers fans almost lost Kobe...talks like these happen.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it until it happens but it's fun to speculate...

I'm not trying to make anyone feel bad. My bad if the POSSIBILITY of lebron leaving hurt your feelings. You guys are in an enviable position...you have the best player in the game right now and could win multiple titles. I don't see how you wouldn't enjoy that. My only point was that in a few years, the run COULD be over...nothing more, nothing less. It was more just food for thought...

Yeah and Kobe could shatter his pelvis and never play another game.

NEW MONEY!? The team is only 25 years old bro! Thats the fans' fault?

No but just remember, at times Heat fans act like the Bennie Blanco's taking on the Carlito's of the world...just relax and enjoy your titles like a champ

Brian Winderhorst, who is probably the BIGGEST source of all the LeBron back to Cleveland talk--talk about the news creating news, is quoted as saying that he thought Riley was ALREADY doing the necessary things to maintain LeBron's loyalty in the ways that Dan Gilbert and company never did. THat STFU comment to Danny Ainge in defense of LeBron, says windhorst, was the first of many lobbies.

I love pat Riley. You gotta admit. There is NO better executive in sports. Maybe there are people at his level. BUT NO BETTER.

He got kinda lucky they chose his team Thu, jerry west is the best

lakers have all the talent in the world, w/o a good coach its nothing.

My point is healthy Parker is a top tier point guard....I won't count Rose since he hasn't played all year, so really it's down to Paul and Parker being the top two point guards, I've heard arguments for both. Westbrick isn't up there, he just isn't. If the Spurs traded Parker for Westbrick the Thunder would be so much better and the Spurs would be so much worse. Also Duncan is playing out of his mind this year. The difference between you and I is I give other players Credit, Kobe is too, Kobe and Duncan are both having amazing seasons considering their age, actually for anyone of any age they are. Why they are the top 2 players of 2000-2010 era.

No but just remember, at times you're acting like the Bennie Blanco's taking on the Carlito's of the world...just relax and enjoy your titles like a champ

LOL . Eff YEAH!....

Look, Im happy believe me. Even last nights game with 4 starters sitting was FUN to watch. That says a lot about the Heat. And take it from me the championships are AMAZING. but its not everything. Look at the Marlins. The Marlins have 2 titles but you will NEVER see me claim to be a die-hard marlins fan. That organization is a joke. They are laughable.

Arison and Riley have been about the most anyone can ask for. Makes me wish Arison would buy the Dolphins from Ross (although this year is looking up--nice additions on offense and defense) and we got the most picks of anyone this year.

Even before we won a thing I always love the Heat. Those Mourning years were great. Even the Glen Rice/Rony Siekly/Grant Long teams were fun for me back in the day and that was BEFORE riley came on.

Its just an example of an organization thats done it right. Yeah that 15 win season was tough to endure, but look were it got us. There was always a plan.

My point is healthy Parker is a top tier point guard....I won't count Rose since he hasn't played all year, so really it's down to Paul and Parker being the top two point guards, I've heard arguments for both. Westbrick isn't up there, he just isn't. If the Spurs traded Parker for Westbrick the Thunder would be so much better and the Spurs would be so much worse. Also Duncan is playing out of his mind this year. The difference between you and I is I give other players Credit, Kobe is too, Kobe and Duncan are both having amazing seasons considering their age, actually for anyone of any age they are. Why they are the top 2 players of 2000-2010 era.

Well, we actually agree. Kobe and Duncan have both found the fountain of youth this season and its been fun to watch. Though I do wish the our team records were switched:rotfl

Let the LeBron winning another championship excuses begin.

I guess there always has to be conditions, qualifiers and limitations put on his achievements.

But it happened here last year by the same people, so no shock there. Some folks can't look past the end of their nose because the word hatred gets in the way.

It's a shame the word objectivity is not in their lexicon.

I think Lebron will be very effective. He stays in unbelievable shape.

I agree it's all about conditioning. That's how guys like Kobe and Duncan can still play at a high level...

I think LeBron can still play at a high level so long as he's still dedicated and evolves...the athleticism is usually the first thing to go and at some point you have to develop your game and use your mind more than the body...

I don't understand why Omar gets his feelings hurt about this scenario. Spurs fans had to hear this talk a couple of times during Duncan's tenure, he came VERY CLOSE to signing with the Magic back in the early'00's...Lakers fans almost lost Kobe...talks like these happen.

Personally I wouldn't worry about it until it happens but it's fun to speculate...

I remember after Jordan came back from baseball there was a magzine (ive got it at home) with Jordan in a Knicks, Lakers and a couple other teams. The big rumor was he was going to leave Chicago but as we know he didn't. Its part of having a star on your team that could impact another team greatly. I do think there is a fair chance Lebron leaves but there is a chance he stays.

Back