General NBA Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NBA 2012-2013

Well look at it this way... at least the Lakers give you guys something to argue about. Seems like we're all in agreement about the Heat. ;) :wave

Enjoy the ride! The good thing is at least us Lakers fans know what it feels like to be in your shoes.

Crazy Nuggets vs Spurs game last night. Was watching a movie until around 9pm but was following on gamecast and saw the Spurs take a huge lead early. Saw the Nuggets make a great comeback and held on until the end. I think the long layoff affected them early.

As a side note, its pretty lame that Duncan can reach in or hack people all night and not get called for a single foul.

Well look at it this way... at least the Lakers give you guys something to argue about. Seems like we're all in agreement about the Heat. ;) :wave

Now Noah is done for the season. Sadly the Heat are going to win by default. I've never seen a red carpet to the finals like the Heat have. Just another watered down title for LeBron, congrats I guess.

Now Noah is done for the season. Sadly the Heat are going to win by default. I've never seen a red carpet to the finals like the Heat have. Just another watered down title for LeBron, congrats I guess.

LOL...watered down bro, seriously? Anything you can do to diminish the accomplishments of other huh? I guess those two Rockets titles don't count since Jordan didnt play? Oh, and what about the Spurs victory against Cleveland that year it was Lebron and 14 scrubs?

The heat as only lost one playoff series since the big three jointed up. They went through Boston AND Chicago with all their pieces intact in 5 games a piece. Last year we ripped through OKC. THIS YEARS TEAM IS TEN FOLD BETTER. Our BENCH is winning games with Lebron and Wade NOT PLAYING. That would have been UNHEARD of in 2010.

LOL...watered down bro, seriously? Anything you can do to diminish the accomplishments of other huh? I guess those two Rockets titles don't count since Jordan didnt play? Oh, and what about the Spurs victory against Cleveland that year it was Lebron and 14 scrubs?

The heat as only lost one playoff series since the big three jointed up. They went through Boston AND Chicago with all their pieces intact in 5 games a piece. Last year we ripped through OKC. THIS YEARS TEAM IS TEN FOLD BETTER. Our BENCH is winning games with Lebron and Wade NOT PLAYING. That would have been UNHEARD of in 2010.

Those Scrubs made it to the finals so whatever, also the Spurs beat some good teams in the west to get there.

And Duncan fouling people and getting no calls???? CONSPIRACY !!!!!!!!!:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Omar, the years MJ retired, Rockets still faced Ewing, Barkley twice, Malone/Stockton twice, Drexler, Shaq and David Robinson etc

The only reason the Heat are dominating is because the East flat out sucks. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you know it's true. Case in point, the Heat are still dominating with scrubs while LeBron/Wade are out. If that doesn't tell you anything...On top of that, the Heat's strength of schedule is like 25th in the league...What's even crazier, to prove how bad the East is, the most difficult strength of schedule is the Sixers at 16th. 16th!! The top 15 teams in the league strength of schedule are all Western Conf. teams. That's the entire Western Conference :lol

https://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Go ahead and enjoy your championships, you don't need my approval. When it's all said and done though and people compare rings and how players won, the Heat championships will be very closely scrutinized...

Last edited:

Omar, the years MJ retired, Rockets still faced Ewing, Barkley twice, Malone/Stockton twice, Drexler, Shaq and David Robinson etc

The only reason the Heat are dominating is because the East flat out sucks. I'm sorry to burst your bubble but you know it's true. Case in point, the Heat are still dominating with scrubs while LeBron/Wade are out. If that doesn't tell you anything...On top of that, the Heat's strength of schedule is like 25th in the league...What's even crazier, to prove how bad the East is, the most difficult strength of schedule is the Sixers at 16th. 16th!! The top 15 teams in the league strength of schedule are all Western Conf. teams.

https://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/sort/SOS

Go ahead and enjoy your championships, you don't need my approval. When it's all said and done though and people compare rings and how players won, the Heat championships will be very closely scrutinized...

I like how you ignore the fact that the Heat are 6-0 against the spurs, OKC and nuggets. 12-2 if you add Houston, LAL, LAC, and Memphis. Its not the Heat's fault. They play who is on the schedule.

Soo, was listening to ESPN radio on the way to work like I always do and this is about the 3rd time I heard stuff about Lebron ending up in LA. The host of the show is a HUGE Lebron and Miami homer so it kinda surprised me hearing that from him. He says that he keeps talking to NBA affiliated people and they keep saying that it's going to happen. Now, obviously, its all media so take it with a grain of salt. I never believe it til the player is holding a jersey and taking a photo with Kupchak but to those who think there is no chance of it happening, I wouldn't be so sure. Miami is going to have to break up the big three in the next few years and the amount of increase in endorsements that Lebron would get coming to LA could be a factor. And let's be honest, if the Lakers keep Dwight and sign someone like Love, you really think Lebron wouldn't consider it if he's gonna lose Bosh and Wade?

I like how you ignore the fact that the Heat are 6-0 against the spurs, OKC and nuggets. 12-2 if you add Houston, LAL, LAC, and Memphis. Its not the Heat's fault. They play who is on the schedule.

I'll give you that, but the two Nuggets wins were in like the first week of the season, one of those wins versus the Spurs sat their stars, their other win was on a (lucky) Bosh three-pointer, and the Thunder just aren't the same without Harden as we've said all year.

Like I said, don't mind me, I'm just a hater :), but when it's all said and done those Heat championships will be heavily scrutinized, just like Bulls, Lakers, Rockets Spurs fans have had to deal with over the years.

Soo, was listening to ESPN radio on the way to work like I always do and this is about the 3rd time I heard stuff about Lebron ending up in LA. The host of the show is a HUGE Lebron and Miami homer so it kinda surprised me hearing that from him. He says that he keeps talking to NBA affiliated people and they keep saying that it's going to happen. Now, obviously, its all media so take it with a grain of salt. I never believe it til the player is holding a jersey and taking a photo with Kupchak but to those who think there is no chance of it happening, I wouldn't be so sure. Miami is going to have to break up the big three in the next few years and the amount of increase in endorsements that Lebron would get coming to LA could be a factor. And let's be honest, if the Lakers keep Dwight and sign someone like Love, you really think Lebron wouldn't consider it if he's gonna lose Bosh and Wade?

Pat Riley was JUST quoted in the news saying his plan is to keep the team together for a 10 year run. Lebron is NOT going to LA. The Heat is COMMITTED to winning. Chances are better the HEAT sign Love! LOL. But I guess Lakers fans gotta hope for something.

I'll give you that, but the two Nuggets wins were in like the first week of the season, one of those wins versus the Spurs sat their stars, their other win was on a (lucky) Bosh three-pointer, and the Thunder just aren't the same without Harden as we've said all year.

Like I said, don't mind me, I'm just a hater :), but when it's all said and done those Heat championships will be heavily scrutinized, just like Bulls, Lakers, Rockets Spurs fans have had to deal with over the years.

It doesnt matter that the nuggets wins happened early or late... because at least ONE of those games was IN DENVER. And the nuggets have only lost 3 times there all year.

Not sure how I feel about that but it's pretty interesting and doesn't surprise me. It's like once a cheater always a cheater. If LeBron bails on Cleveland, I'm sure he'll eventually bail on Miami.

Maybe when he said not one, not two, not six etc etc, he meant over the course of four teams :lol

Pat Riley was JUST quoted in the news saying his plan is to keep the team together for a 10 year run. Lebron is NOT going to LA. The Heat is COMMITTED to winning. Chances are better the HEAT sign Love! LOL. But I guess Lakers fans gotta hope for something.

Hah, I'm just saying there is a chance of it happening. You don't think the Lakers are committed to winning? or any other big franchise for that matter? The heat would certainly be the front runner to keep him but to think that there is no way he would leave is just naive and more of a fan based thought than anything. I'm being practical...players wanna commit but they understand that it's a business too. Lebron has no commercials and this was mentioned on ESPN. I almost never see him on TV. This may be different in Miami of course. Anyways, I'm just saying you can believe what you want but no player is guaranteed to stay anywhere. And if you think the Heat have a better chance at signing Love, you realize that pretty much means Wade and Bosh are prob out. More chance for Lebron to leave...fine by me.

Here you go Lakers fans. Something for you to print out and put under your pillow at night :lol

lebronlakers_zps9c7341ae.jpg

Its funny how the haters ALWAYS ALWAYS find the ONE little thing they can make someone feel bad about.... lol. Anything to keep the people on top from enjoying the moment.

Lmao...... Ok Lakers lite..

Its funny how the haters ALWAYS ALWAYS find the ONE little thing they can make someone feel bad about.... lol. Anything to keep the people on top from enjoying the moment.

You seem to be very thinned skin. Debates are what sports is all about. Besides it's hard to give credit when their star is a ****** and their fans are very braggadocios especially when you're considered "new money"...

Brian Winderhorst, who is probably the BIGGEST source of all the LeBron back to Cleveland talk--talk about the news creating news, is quoted as saying that he thought Riley was ALREADY doing the necessary things to maintain LeBron's loyalty in the ways that Dan Gilbert and company never did. THat STFU comment to Danny Ainge in defense of LeBron, says windhorst, was the first of many lobbies.

I love pat Riley. You gotta admit. There is NO better executive in sports. Maybe there are people at his level. BUT NO BETTER.

You seem to be very thinned skin. Debates are what sports is all about. Besides it's hard to give credit when their star is a ****** and their fans are very braggadocios especially when you're considered "new money"...

NEW MONEY!? The team is only 25 years old bro! Thats the fans' fault?

Back