General Laurel and Hardy figure discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my 1/6 scale Bell and Howell 2709 standard camera and tripod. It originally came with the 1/6 ZCWO Studio official Chaplin the Tramp 100th anniversary edition which was released some time ago. I found the camera on Ebay for about $50.00.

I think it will make a great accessory for Stan and Ollie when they arrive. Whenever that will be???

Here is a link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-6th-Scale-collectible-Camera-with-Tripod-/133082431527

Here is a shot of the boys with the camera:

https://hipwallpaper.com/view/I36o7b

Last edited:
Has there been any word if they plan to do a Music Box version of these figures, or are these a one off?

Sean

I saw someone at Big Chief on youtube saying that if these sell well they plan on making Stan and Oliver with their overalls.

But that is a big if...

I would pick these up because the prospect of a "Music Box" set is not a sure thing.

Hopefully shipping this month. :impatient:

After a conversation with a guy from BCS this morning it seems an announcement is forthcoming of a delay on these (and other BCS) figures. As the gentleman tells it, it's obviously about shipping delays, skyrocketing shipping costs, and scheduling windows for pick-up/delivery. For those who ordered straight from BCS, as opposed to Sideshow, both go to the manufacturer separately for the same merchandise, but the China to U.S. shipping is somehow lesser by about 1-2 weeks. It's not as though BCS gives Sideshow their "sizeable" lot then sits on theirs as Sideshow delivers, SS just enjoys more efficient shipping/delivering means. Again, as the man from BCS tells it.

Last edited:
Hopefully shipping this month. :impatient:

After a conversation with a guy from BCS this morning it seems an announcement is forthcoming of a delay on these (and other BCS) figures. As the gentleman tells it, it's obviously about shipping delays, skyrocketing shipping costs, and scheduling windows for pick-up/delivery. For those who ordered straight from BCS, as opposed to Sideshow, both go to the manufacturer separately for the same merchandise, but the China to U.S. shipping is somehow lesser by about 1-2 weeks. It's not as though BCS gives Sideshow their "sizeable" lot then sits on theirs as Sideshow delivers, SS just enjoys more efficient shipping/delivering means. Again, as the man from BCS tells it.
Hard to believe these went up for pre-order almost two years ago. I'm still waiting, hope there is not yet another delay.

Hard to believe these went up for pre-order almost two years ago. I'm still waiting, hope there is not yet another delay.
Well, there is a delay and these will not be shipping in September. We should know later this month (according to the conversation I had) the new shipment timeframe. But it appears this could only be BCS’ best guess.

Second conversation with rep at BCS and I was told they are hedging on an official email until they have all the facts to relay but it comes down to access to outfit materials. I’m good to wait a bit more for them to get it right. 🤙🏻

Last edited:
They weren’t offered for preorder until September 2019. Still, my longest standing pre-orders are Laurel and Hardy, the fourth doctor from December of the same year, and the master on July 2020.

Last edited:
Big Chief are usually quite good at responding to enquiries about dates, they may not have a firm one but they come back to you. May be worth a shot dropping them a message.
I'm currently waiting on Season 18 Tom, K9, Flash and Ming. But It gives me time to get my Mooncrest Tardis set Put together.

Just got this message in response to an email to Big Chief Studios:

The laurel and hardy are still to be dated as we are working with the factory to get the full year update of releases but we are aiming for the summer for these figures.

The stranger things figures currently are due March (demigorgon) and September (11)

It is all dependant on how this year spans out for the industry with any Covid restrictions both here and in China.

Back