General Grievous Life Size Bust!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you :)

Did you custom paint your eyes or hire someone to do that?

Yes, I custom painted the eyes using green, yellow and dark red nail polish I pilfered from my wife and some little bits of cosmetic sponges. I just layered it on in little tiny bits and the effect turned out awesome. When it was all done, I coated the eyes and eye sockets in 5 minute epoxy for that wet look I wanted. :emperor

I took a pic of it while I was almost done and put it side by side with a movie still to show what I was going for on another forum:

customgrievous.jpg

Very happy with the end result :)

Great work Faken... I've put my Grievous in the back of my SUV and I'm out the door to your place-- be there in about 6 or 8 hours... :D

Faken that looks outstanding!!! I wish I had some skills 'cause I'm so tempted to try after seeing your custom job. Very nice! Maybe I'll try the epoxy.

Honestly, it's VERY easy to do, and if you use nail polish like I did, just keep a bottle of acetone free nail polish remover next to you with some Q-tips and it's a quick 3 second process to erase it.. basically I would dab and work it in with the sponges all over the eye, then use the nail polish remover to remove color from areas I didn't want. Then once it was all done, I coated everything in epoxy and it was done :)

Yew mate I moved mine the other day and forgot how heavy he was only put him on the base of the detolf not on the glass ever

thanks maverick, I figured he was pretty heavy. Looks like top of Detolf it is:D

I agree. The bust is way too heavy for the glass in the Detolf. I managed to pick up a Greek column inspired ceramic pillar from AC Moores for around $35 a few of years back (I used them to hold household plants). I used that to display my Grievous Bust in my Detolf.

Another idea is to find a heavy duty plant stand that would be able to hold the bust and fit in your Detolf as well. Figure, 2 other options if you want to put it in a Detolf without displaying it on the bottom where it is hard to see.

awesome pics psyberiantiger. Just when I think I can put this guy on the back-burner for now, your pics remind me of why I need this piece immediately.

Yew mate I moved mine the other day and forgot how heavy he was only put him on the base of the detolf not on the glass ever

I've had my grevious ontop of my glass detolf shelf for like a year now, its fine. Those shevles are very strong and i havent herd any horror stories about not being able to support wieght and/or breaking, with this piece or any other.

Back