Media Gears of War 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the game devos said this was the first. I am trying to get it confirmed that more are on the way.

The enemies seem really lackluster. As a Gears fan I won't be buying at this point but only renting.

The enemies seem really lackluster. As a Gears fan I won't be buying at this point but only renting.

I don't know if I'll buy it or not. I hardly even game anymore at all and I can't see spending 60 plus bucks to go thru the same frustrating crap again.....especially since our group doesn't exist anymore. I don't really enjoy playing with random teenagers :lol

I don't know if I'll buy it or not. I hardly even game anymore at all and I can't see spending 60 plus bucks to go thru the same frustrating crap again.....especially since our group doesn't exist anymore. I don't really enjoy playing with random teenagers :lol

Did u try the beta?
I played with ill but he was having connection issues. It seemed to be all shotguns and wall bouncing, but hit detection seemed good.

The Lancer is useless online. I got to level 20 and I probably had 10 kills in that time with the Lancer. Everything else was gnasher and pick up weapons. The only time the Lancer was useful was if you managed to see someone who couldn't run anywhere else or if you ran up with the chainsaw revving. Other than that it was gnasher free for all. I had a few instances where I went up against 3 guys and just blasted em to pieces and was still standing.

The Lancer is useless online. I got to level 20 and I probably had 10 kills in that time with the Lancer. Everything else was gnasher and pick up weapons. The only time the Lancer was useful was if you managed to see someone who couldn't run anywhere else or if you ran up with the chainsaw revving. Other than that it was gnasher free for all. I had a few instances where I went up against 3 guys and just blasted em to pieces and was still standing.

The lancer is far better now and much more useful.

Didn't try the beta. The reason it's a gnasher based game is because according to many of the die hard who's only purpose in life is to play Gears say that the gnasher is the only acceptable weapon to use and they are VERY vocal on Gears forums about it. Many of them even consider sniper head shots as inferior kills. I once said years ago the game should be called gnashers of war.

Didn't try the beta. The reason it's a gnasher based game is because according to many of the die hard who's only purpose in life is to play Gears say that the gnasher is the only acceptable weapon to use and they are VERY vocal on Gears forums about it. Many of them even consider sniper head shots as inferior kills. I once said years ago the game should be called gnashers of war.

I got a few saw kills in the beta, that always pisses them off.

Game is fun. I dominated online even with the connection issues. Consistently getting 10+ kills at least per match and the Gnasher has been very consistent for me. Amazing how they don't have dedicated servers even though Microsoft/Xbox owns there own. Still always that one player in the lobbies that won't die, but overall this game feels like a cross between Gears 3 and Gears Judgement with the feel, movement, graphics, guns, etc....

Gears 3 will always be the best though, I still play that game :lol

Very cool controller, but not $200 cool. Ouch, remember when controllers were $60?

At this point, my only concern with the game is the 'meh' voice acting of the main new characters

Very cool controller, but not $200 cool. Ouch, remember when controllers were $60?

At this point, my only concern with the game is the 'meh' voice acting of the main new characters

It's an Elite controller. The buttons and triggers are completely different from a regular controller

Let's add the word elite, change the button configuration and add $140 to the price LOL.

Back