GBU or Once Upon a Time in the West

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GBU or Once Upon a Time in the West

• Total voters
I've never seen Once Upon a Time in the West or High Noon, which is supposedly a great western. I also haven't seen most John Wayne westerns.

I like The GB &U tho. It's a bit long tho.
Tuco really makes that film, kind of like Joker in TDK. Or more appropriately, Jack Sparrow.

Last edited:
I've never seen Once Upon a Time in the West or High Noon, which is supposedly a great western. I also haven't seen most John Wayne westerns.

I like The GB &U tho. It's a bit too long tho. Tuco really makes that film, kind of like Joker in TDK.
Wait…..wuuuuuut…..:thud:

I assume you are referring to the extended cut of GBU.

Hold on before you answer let me get my nitroglycerin ready lol

Well now that one of my dreams was finally fulfilled in 2021 with the original mono being included for GBU here is hoping that The Terminator will one day get a 4K release with the original mono as an option.

The less said about T2 4K the better lol

Well now that one of my dreams was finally fulfilled in 2021 with the original mono being included for GBU here is hoping that The Terminator will one day get a 4K release with the original mono as an option.

I too would love Terminator in 4K with original mono where the gunshots sound like actual gunshots from a 45 and not a pistol with silencer. T2 4K sucks since they used the scrubbed version for the 3D release. If they released the proper 4K that is rumored to have been mastered it might be a pick up for me. As far as the Good the Bad and the Ugly the extended edition is not really essential as the original is about as perfect as you can get. All 3 of the main characters are well acted and the music is awesome and I still get goosebumps with the showdown. This and Raiders are just well done movies and each the top for each decade for me.

I too would love Terminator in 4K with original mono where the gunshots sound like actual gunshots from a 45 and not a pistol with silencer. T2 4K sucks since they used the scrubbed version for the 3D release. If they released the proper 4K that is rumored to have been mastered it might be a pick up for me. As far as the Good the Bad and the Ugly the extended edition is not really essential as the original is about as perfect as you can get. All 3 of the main characters are well acted and the music is awesome and I still get goosebumps with the showdown. This and Raiders are just well done movies and each the top for each decade for me.
Studio Canal is putting up 4K T2 AGAIN for sale on 12/9 for the 30th anniversary edition but I think it will be the same DNR crap version grrrrrr. :gah:

Unknown if the 154 minute cut will be 4K but I doubt it.

Steelbook looks cool though.

I can't decide. :unsure:

I think of Once Upon a Time in the West as an artier, worthier movie, forming a trilogy about the evolution of America from an Italian perspective.

Whereas the Dollars trilogy is more fantastical, and full of so many anachronisms that it practically takes place in an alternate history of America.

I've got both trilogies out, but will probably skip Once Upon a Time in America because it's too far out of the 'wild west' era.

Yep we have original mono for JAWS and GBU, we just need Terminator to come through so that I can finally retire my 2003 MGM DVD, lol.

Back