Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gandalf, the premium format, has become increasingly hard to resist. After ordering Gollum, since he looked to cool, and waiting on any type of announcement on the future of the new maquette line, I had toyed with the idea of just having a centerpiece, or select few premium format figures from LOTR. Every day, I have to convince myself not to order Gandalf, and to be patient for the new line. Every time I have delved into premium formats, I have always sold them off. They are a quite wonderful medium, but I find myself always let down with the look and feel of most of the fabrics in this scale. I'm going to stick to the new statue line which would obviously take up less space per issue.

Anyway, just popped in to say I am really having trouble not ordering this amazing looking figure. He really does look superb.

Gandalf, the premium format, has become increasingly hard to resist. After ordering Gollum, since he looked to cool, and waiting on any type of announcement on the future of the new maquette line, I had toyed with the idea of just having a centerpiece, or select few premium format figures from LOTR. Every day, I have to convince myself not to order Gandalf, and to be patient for the new line. Every time I have delved into premium formats, I have always sold them off. They are a quite wonderful medium, but I find myself always let down with the look and feel of most of the fabrics in this scale. I'm going to stick to the new statue line which would obviously take up less space per issue.

Anyway, just popped in to say I am really having trouble not ordering this amazing looking figure. He really does look superb.

How could you say no to this?

SDC14392.jpg

SDC14405.jpg

SDC14404.jpg

SDC14390.jpg

Well, my pics are nowhere near as good as some you've seen here, but I snapped a few anyways. I love this PF! Enjoy!

5199441820_47b3071fb4_b.jpg

5198846773_967339cdc8_b.jpg

...And with Aragorn:

5199442824_960d49294d_b.jpg

He looks glorious!!!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/NPEYb_6lgmk?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/NPEYb_6lgmk?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Did you reinforce your detolf shelfs at all to put your PF's in there? I wanted to put Gandalf in a detolf, but was scared of the shelf breaking.

He should be fine. Each shelf is supposed to be able to bear 13 pounds in weight, and that's more than enough for pretty much any PF. I wouldn't try putting the Hulk, Thor or Abomination PFs on the shelves, though - I'd put those on the bottom of the cabinet, just to be safe.

Aye, I checked the GTG PF specs though and they say he's 15 pounds on Sideshow. Had me worried to the point of not wanting to try it.

The double shelf thing is quite clever, and if that Lurtz hasn't ever fallen I'm sure Gandalf would be fine. I had also seen people who added crossbars to support the xtra weight, but this option wasn't really available to me.

He should be fine. Each shelf is supposed to be able to bear 13 pounds in weight, and that's more than enough for pretty much any PF. I wouldn't try putting the Hulk, Thor or Abomination PFs on the shelves, though - I'd put those on the bottom of the cabinet, just to be safe.

Did you reinforce your detolf shelfs at all to put your PF's in there? I wanted to put Gandalf in a detolf, but was scared of the shelf breaking.

Looks like he doubled up the glass below the PF's...that's what I do...no problems yet. (i have Darkness PF and John Wayne (Cogburn) PF on them)

Hi all :wave

Thanks for the comments :)

As for the shelves i do indeed double them up,just to be safe,no worries regarding the glass,i just hope the welds on the metal frames hold up,my mates a welder and has assured me they are more than capable of doing the job

Thanks for the reassurance mates :1-1:

Looks like he's going in the case, just have to figure out who gets the boot b4 he arrives.

It's not going to happen, so I think it is safe to say this. If the Gandalf the Grey Premium Format goes on sale during B&W Friday, or weekend, I will be throwing caution to the wind and ordering him. Now, it would need to be a substantial discount to entice me, since I still like the idea of the maquette line just a bit better.

Back