Gandalf the Grey PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, a bit busy but I like it....probably more with just the shelf though. Thanks, I will PM cocoloboy

So late to the party guys but Gandalf has finally arrived to my collection :) All is explained in my mini review which can be seen on my display thread via the link below :)

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...n-sideshow-lotr-gandalf-pf-exclusive-712.html

One of the best representations of mixed media that I've ever seen on a Premium Format...more pics in my display thread :)

efe9dde11ce74051fb1f4b63b0ffc0e6.jpg

The one thing I dislike about this piece is the fact that the figure does not line up with the name plate. Why did they do this? Gandalf is turned to the right slightly. Not the worst thing in the world but seems sort of odd. The Saruman PF is slightly the opposite but that really isn't an issue.

The one thing I dislike about this piece is the fact that the figure does not line up with the name plate. Why did they do this?

I guess its all about how you want to display it. I'm guessing Sideshow placed the nameplate correctly and that its supposed to be displayed in line with the direction that Gandalf is looking :dunno

d733eacbb3b3e6bf602905b962f193cd.jpg

Once you know where it is you just push it through the clothing(at least I do).
Yeah... I know where it is... but a button switch directly on the base in the back would have been so much easier... at least you don't have to "play" with the clothing each time...

Yeah... I know where it is... but a button switch directly on the base in the back would have been so much easier... at least you don't have to "play" with the clothing each time...

True Marc :exactly: would've made more sense to have the button on the base like what they did with Saruman :( after you've spent 10 hours futzing Gandalfs robe, you then mess it up when trying to feel your way to that blasted button!!! :lol :lol

really? In pics it looked terrible, I have seen it go on ebay for $200 but passed cause it I really just didnt like it

berserker ex is my favorite by far

Really. I own a few, Morgul Lord EX would be my next favourite.

Possibly because it's the first one I bought. Definately one which I'd through the box away for. I bought it for $200 funnily enough.

I never have to play with anything to find the button. I know where it is and press it through the clothing. Nothing moves or gets changed. Easy.

I put my finger up his robes and press it that way. You know if you hold it in he says one of 3 phrases?

Back