Gandalf the Grey Maquette. Next?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JosephCPR

Super Freak
Reaction score
Well, I think we have been officially shown a preview of the next maquette

2000991_press09-001.jpg

200099_press12-001-1.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I think we have been officially shown a preview of the next maquette

It certainly looks that way. Looks like they've made some changes to the conceptual art, for the better I might add.

2000991_press09-001.jpg

capturadepantalla201002fs.png

Much nicer choice than the initial artwork, but way too similar to the PF for me to consider an order.

How on earth did you guys see that? My monitor must be set up incorrectly or something.

Much nicer choice than the initial artwork, but way too similar to the PF for me to consider an order.

It's similar but I think I prefer the pose in the PF. In fact I think that pose would have better suited the maquette, and and pose in the maquette would have been great for the PF

The one problem that I have is the Strider base is rather simple, and then Gandalf's is large and on rocks. I know that the drawing has Gandalf wearing his hat, but I don't see it on the statue. Another switch out head maybe?

Gandalf looks a bit thin too.

I am glad that they toned down the pose, and he doesn't appear to be leading with his crotch. It is very similar to the PF, but I am certainly intrigued by the maquette line as a collection to run alongside my PF's.

I like it. And, the base is really nice. I expect this to go up for pre-order during SDCC.

I like it, but I have the pf on order, and already own the LSB and the 12", so another gandalf, no matter how nice he looks, will probably be a pass for me, though the base does look cool.

I don't know what coming after Gandalf, but I can narrow it down to four choices....:monkey3

The sneak peek with the Aragorn maquette was nice, but as the Ween mentioned, Gandalf seems a little thin. I will be definitely be ordering Aragorn as Strider, but will reserve judgment / my decision on ordering until the full reveal of Gandalf. Unless it is an incredible sculpt that looks like Sir Ian McKellen, I will most likely pass for budgetary and space reasons. With all the uproar over Aragorn being done again, Gandalf is represented in my collection more than any other character. I have six representations of Gandalf in my collection (SSW Gandalf the Grey, SSW Gandalf the White, SSW Gandalf and Shadowfax, SSW "You Shall Not Pass" Wall Plaque, SS Gandalf the White PF, and SS Duel of Fire and Light diorama) with a seventh on order (SS Gandalf the Grey PF). Not sure if I need another Gandalf...

The sneak peek with the Aragorn maquette was nice, but as the Ween mentioned, Gandalf seems a little thin. I will be definitely be ordering Aragorn as Strider, but will reserve judgment / my decision on ordering until the full reveal of Gandalf. Unless it is an incredible sculpt that looks like Sir Ian McKellen, I will most likely pass for budgetary and space reasons. With all the uproar over Aragorn being done again, Gandalf is represented in my collection more than any other character. I have six representations of Gandalf in my collection (SSW Gandalf the Grey, SSW Gandalf the White, SSW Gandalf and Shadowfax, SSW "You Shall Not Pass" Wall Plaque, SS Gandalf the White PF, and SS Duel of Fire and Light diorama) with a seventh on order (SS Gandalf the Grey PF). Not sure if I need another Gandalf...

Wow, that's a lot of Gandalf! :clap Any pics of that display?

The one problem that I have is the Strider base is rather simple, and then Gandalf's is large and on rocks. I know that the drawing has Gandalf wearing his hat, but I don't see it on the statue. Another switch out head maybe?

Gandalf looks a bit thin too.

I thought he was wearing his hat :dunno I guess you can't really see, as the photo cuts off just above his eyes.
If he was hatless, the pose would look like it was straight out of the bridge of Khazad-Dum scene :panic:

I also have a few Gandalf's so may pass on this too:

SSW GTG, SSW GTW, SSW GandalFax, SSW GTG bust, SSW GTW bust, A Meeting of Old Friends plaque, bookends, Treachery of Saruman diorama and the duel of light and fire diorama.

Wow, that's a lot of Gandalf! :clap Any pics of that display?

No, but I may be persuaded to take a pic, I'll see what I can do. I like my collection, but currently loath my display...I don't have enough room, and everything is jumbled. Hopefully I'll be in a new house in a year or so...

Back