Gandalf the Grey Ex SOLD OUT Bust Edition size

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WrathofSauron

Super Freak
Reaction score
450 pieces for the Exclusive and its SOLD OUT!!!! Wow!! Guys we did really well to get this thats one of the fastest ever and would I be right in saying thats its the lowest ES ever for a bust or statue from SS apart from the Newborn Uruk Hai? Makes it all the sweeter now!!:D:D:D

"Yeaah.... why can't we have some meat..... THEY ARE FRREEESSSSHHHHH"

I must profess that I felt so lucky that my hestitation has not cost me not to have the exclusive version!!

:D:D:D

This is something that Sideshow has been doing lately, actually.

In principle, it's not that different from the inclusive preordering process. You put a piece up for preorder at a TBD ES, and then gauge the final ES based on the number of preorders during a set period (usually until the next newsletter). Then you announce the piece is sold out, and slap an ES on it either immediately or in a week's time. The Mary Jane Comiquette, the Obi-Wan vs. Anakin Diorama and the Darth Maul Regular PF all went down that road.

Of course, the only difference from the inclusive PPO is that there's no explicit statement that this is the case. But it seems to follow reason. Sideshow isn't forced to make a guesstimate of the ES up front, and the collectors decide to preorder or not based on the desirability of the piece itself, not its apparent resale value or anything of the sort connected with the edition size.

I'd expect this to become a regular practice with many items from now on.

And I'm very glad I snagged my Exclusive Gandalf! :D

450 pieces for the Exclusive and its SOLD OUT!!!! Wow!! Guys we did really well to get this thats one of the fastest ever and would I be right in saying thats its the lowest ES ever for a bust or statue from SS apart from the Newborn Uruk Hai? Makes it all the sweeter now!!:D:D:D

Yeah, just one more reason why I would put this Gandalf at the head of the class. Love that ES!:D

Don't get too excited boys. This is also the bust LSB that has an exclusive. There is still the regular that will muddy things up a bit.

As far as the LOTR LS bust line goes yes.

As far as the LOTR LS bust line goes yes.
I think what WoS meant was, "among the LOTR products (LS busts, PF figures, SSW statues and busts, and even the 12" line) that Sideshow has sold, is this the lowest ES?".

And I believe it might be. I don't recall the ES of all of the SSW pieces, but of the current LOTR offerings, this is certainly the lowest ES by far.

Don't get too excited boys. This is also the bust LSB that has an exclusive. There is still the regular that will muddy things up a bit.
Well, since I consider the regular edition a different item since it lacks the exclusive staff, I don't think it's ES is going to muddy anything. And, to be honest, I will be surprised if the regular has an ES that is that much higher than the exclusive version.

RoboDad is right -- this one will stand on its own with its exclusive staff and small edition size. Really happy I went for it. Great looking , great size and great ES --- sometimes you really do win :D

My guess is that your plane ticket and hotel bill will be the LEAST of your SDCC expenses. ;)

I wish I could say you where wrong but you aren't. :lol Hell, I've spent as more on exclusives than I have my flight and room. :rotfl

I placed my order minutes before the newsletter went up and it was declared sold out. I suppose I should thank Karma for alerting us to the edition size, which was updated on the product page before the newsletter went live. Seeing it that low pushed me over the edge and I literally got one of the last ones at about 6:45 PST. Had I waited for the newsletter, I would have been too late.

I'm pretty confident that if anyone really wants this and hasn't ordered yet, you can still get one by getting on the waitlist now.

I don't know about that. At that price, with such a low ES, I don't see too many cancellations coming through.

I agree with you here,I think they're may be the odd few due to the normal Credit Card declines but other than that I think this one is a keeper for many. Such a low ES and such a beloved character for most = keeper in my eyes.
Shell
x

I am not worried. I got on minutes after the newsletter went up. If I can get a Doom legendary bust off the wait list with an es of 100, I should be able to get an item with an es of 450.

The more I look at this, the more I am tempted to call it the most iconic representation of Gandalf yet. This is pretty much what comes to mind when I think of Gandalf.

And the price is quite reasonable.

And the Moria staff is a no brainer.

I love that pipe:

92191_press02-001.jpg

Back