Gandalf 2Pack

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickman

Super Freak
Reaction score
With Sideshow releasing 2 packs soon, I think LOTR fans will be getting a Gandalf 2 pack. White and Gray. Merry and Pippen may also be considered as a joint deal because I don't think collectors on a whole will be apt to get these unless they come together. For all those that have wondered where's Gandalf, I think 2008 promises to be a good year for LOTR fans. Who knows, we may even see a Goblin or Orc before we see Worm Tongue.

Any thoughts?

I really don't want a GTW, so I'd actually be a bit annoyed if I had to buy 2 figures just to get the one I wanted. Now if some kind of discount was added then maybe... but if it was just a straight price 2 figure deal like Sidious I wouldn't be too thrilled

But for Merry and Pippin that'd be okay, since I want both of those. Hear that Sideshow, do what's in my best interest :rotfl

I think it would be too difficult for SS to make a profit on selling both versions separately as there wasn't much of a difference except the white attire. I do like the grizzled old look of the Gray version but unless he's a two pack I can't see SS doing it. And some collectors are going to want both. I also wish that SS would give a little break on their two packs, instead of full price. They are saving money on the paper for the boxes alone aren't they? Anyway, I think the Army Builder series for the Star Wars license is going to open the door for SS to release more 2 packs for all their lines.

I don't think they would. Much persons who DO want a GTW, don't want a GTG, and much who DO want a GTG don't want a GTW.
They didn't release a two-pack even with the sam and frodo 1/6, so I think they won't either this time.

I think it would be too difficult for SS to make a profit on selling both versions separately as there wasn't much of a difference except the white attire.

I think there's at least as much of a difference between the two Gandalfs as there is between the different versions of Luke we've gotten, for example. His beard is quite a bit shorter as GTW, his staff is different, and of course his clothes are totally different as well. I would buy both, but unless they give a discount I would probably prefer that they be separate, since making it a two-pack doesn't benefit the consumer.

Ijust want GTG, so i hope they won't release a 2-pack and i doubt thet will because these will be 2 very complicated outfits to be put together.

I'd buy both and a two pack would be great. The Priority, however, is GTG to get that Fellowship nearer to completion. My major concern is that the line will be dropped before we have the 9, just like the core Angel crew was never completed and the Scooby gang was very much limited!

That would be pretty sweet. I hope 2008 will be a year for LOTR 1/6th scale fans. Although I thought last year was going to be.:eek: That would be a pretty sweet take of GTG and GTW. Kill two birds with one stone.:D

Is there any chance at all that they could release one body with two heads and sets of clothes/accessories etc? I don't know how easy it is to get the heads on and off, but it would help to keep the price down for "two" figures. I guess then you couldn't display both at the same time though... Any thoughts??

I'd be ok with that. Like with the Palps/Sidious 2 pack it would kill two birds with one stone. I really want GTG and would take a GTW in 1:6th with open arms.

Is there any chance at all that they could release one body with two heads and sets of clothes/accessories etc? I don't know how easy it is to get the heads on and off, but it would help to keep the price down for "two" figures. I guess then you couldn't display both at the same time though... Any thoughts??

Many fans have asked SS for this but to no avail. Many fans have multitudes of spare Buck bodies but no HS or outfits to go with them. I just don't know how profitable this would be to SS. Compared to the Japanese competitors like Dragon DML, who do offer 4packs of Heads sculpt, hands, outfits, and the likes, are able to because they've been going strong for over ten years where SS has been doing 1:6th for about eight or nine. DML is so successful because they attracted all the WWII collectors and have never looked back. To me they still make some of the best pieces and the most affordable. Also, SS' figures usually come with unique accessories that normally don't hit the supply stores in surplus, where DML floods the second hand market with easily accessible pieces.

Oh and P.S. SS' head sculpts are very easy to get off. Most people like to use a hair dryer to soften the sculpt first before removing, where I just boil the head for a couple of seconds.

two pack or seperate i dont care lets just get these guys released already. as for extra heads and clothes? no way. then id have to buy 2 and id have a bunch of extra stuff.

Oh and P.S. SS' head sculpts are very easy to get off. Most people like to use a hair dryer to soften the sculpt first before removing, where I just boil the head for a couple of seconds.

Yes, but you can't sell a figure with an additional head and instructions that say "just boil the head for a couple of seconds to remove it." If you're going to have changeable heads, you have to have at a bare minimum something like Boushh or Asajj had, which made the heads somewhat easy to get off and on (although it's still not easy).

In any case, I think making the two Gandalfs a single figure with exchangeable heads and outfits is not a good idea. It would make the figure quite a bit more expensive, and everyone would have to pay the extra, even if they only wanted Gandalf the Grey. But beyond that, changing between the two looks would be a huge pain, and you couldn't have both on display at once.

Yes, but you can't sell a figure with an additional head and instructions that say "just boil the head for a couple of seconds to remove it."

Why not? DML has. They encourage it. Like I said most people use hair dryers. Boiling it is my preference.

DML.jpg

And what is mainstream? Appeasing to the youth of America? Come on. That's part of the reason for the decline of our society.

Realistically SideShow has nothing on DML or it's sister companies Cyber Hobby, or DiD. They make the best 1:6th scale affordable items period! Sideshow is unique here in America because it caters to the American populous. DML sculpts are years ahead. Their sculpts are so near lifelike every professional customizer uses them. Recently they've turned to using hair like material on their sculpts and will soon (within a year or two) have movable eyes. I never see SideShow being able to accomplish this. Especially if we get caught in a recession. Forget about it!

But for the record I enjoy Sideshow and appreciate their efforts wholeheartedly.

Back