Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EXCELLENT Shropt! That's exactly what needed to be done.

But I'm somewhat unclear on the dremeling. Do you mean that nothing is done to the "post" at all -- just widen the hole in the bottom of the sculpt?

EXCELLENT Shropt! That's exactly what needed to be done.

But I'm somewhat unclear on the dremeling. Do you mean that nothing is done to the "post" at all -- just widen the hole in the bottom of the sculpt?

Correct. You just widen the hole on the head slowly until it just slips on the black ring. So then you still have the tightness on the ring to give the head "articulation" and not wide enough where its just laying there on the shoulders.

Just posting this here. This is guide I will use to paint the mouth/nose with the yellowish highlight color. I'm not going this bright but rather something closer to what Sideshow used on the actual figure at the corners of the mouth.

Gamorrean-hd.jpg

nope. still don't like him :( Wish they had given him arms like the HT T-800 body, SOME sort of elbow joint.

WAAY too much for a glorified rotocast imo. Which makes me sad, because i Want to like this..

That mod did the trick, Shropt. Looks great! :rock

Looking at TA's pics of the broken down body it appears that it is actually a ball joint but you just happened to pull the plug out of the head. That sure worked out perfectly. :lol

I just gotta say that this mod has changed my ideas on the figure tenfold. Now I really want a 2nd more than I did before. :)

I just gotta say that this mod has changed my ideas on the figure tenfold. Now I really want a 2nd more than I did before. :)

Thanks Shropt. I too did this mod and he looks MUCH better. It was kinda tough getting the peg out of the head, but other than that an easy mod.

The plastic is VERY soft, so be careful when widening the hole in the base of the head.

Next up, a repaint. :)

That head mod is a good approach.

I went for something less invasive...
GAM-HOOD-01.jpg

I think it looks pretty good and doesn't limit the mobility of the head any...

That is an excellent mod as well, JB.

I plan on doing that too, but I do like the head slumped down more between the shoulders as well. Shropt's is a bit of a scary mod -- but if it works I think it really makes the Guard look accurate.

Head issue will be fixed on Gartogg.

Good to hear!:hi5:

Got Gartogg & the Palace Enviornment on order. It'll be cool not having to stress over whether or not to borrow one of these mod ideas. Would hate to screw it up...:gah:

On that note, some really cool mods guys. Cheers!:duff

Back