Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Their a bit bulky for lots of articulation, they'd be falling over all the time. Plus the stand holder would have to be HUGE to fit round those bellies.

A is for ate which is what happened to one gamorrean guard when he met with the rancor. The other got ate when he fell into the sarlac pit.

If they done knee articulation it would have to be a click joint thingy, anything else and they wouldn't be able to stay upright me thinks.

Regarding articulation - think vinyl figure.

Hmmm... I wouldn't mind full on articulated figures like Toybiz and Hasbro did with their Icons line.

If you took something like Hulk, gave him fabric clothing and removed the articulated hands with swappable ones. I think you could have a great looking 1/6 figure.

71625%20Hulk2.jpg

I'm sure vinyl ones will look very nice, but I would be bummed if they were too limited in articulation.

knee articulation would be cool only if they also offer special sculpted feet (like they did with Snake Eyes). Otherwise the knee articulation wouldn't work anyway in a pose.

I think we only need single axis shoulder articulation. However, elbow articulation is very important and hopefully can move in multiple axis.

I think the design of the Guard would allow for at least a ball jointed neck, hips and shoulders (all could be hidden by the outfit). You could also get away with the wrists being a peg design as the gauntlets would cover the joint.

The elbow and knees would be a decision between aesthetics and function... I could see them being left w/o articulation.

The foot would be difficult... could probably use a peg design, but because of the sandals and how they wrap around the calf that might not look good. But if they went with a cut joint above the ankle and a foot design that allowed up and down movement that might be more aesthetically pleasing.

I'd be fine with articulation equal to the Hasbro Gamorrean from the waist down, with a bit more arm posability and perhaps the suggested ball joint head. Really, as far as articulation goes, the arms were the only let down of the Hasbro one.

Yeah, only being able to lift the arm up (which looked really odd) was no fun. But aside from that it is great effort from Hasbro. They really had a few gems.

I think as long as SSC gives as much articulation as Customikey did on this one it will be enough.

Balljointed: head/shoulders
Clickjoint: elbows
Gauntlets, armor, and clothes are removable

I'm excited to see what Sideshow does.

DSC03007.jpg

everyday I check this thread... :) Sideshow has made me very happy with this guy. I hope it tunrs out well. (I'll buy 2 either way).. if it blows me away I'll buy 3!!! :)

Nope... we won't hear anything for a while. I wouldn't expect a PO till closer to 2010 if that.

Indeed, I don't think they've even begun to figure out fabrication, just working on the sculpt and posablity at this point.

Back