Gamorrean Guard 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Based on the clay sculpture, I think the Gammy will be like Jabba in that part of the magic for me will how well it represents the movie. Hasbro's 4" and 12" efforts have never really captured it properly, but that clay sculpture looks perfect.

I wonder if seeing the separate jaw piece in the video might mean the mouth can open and shut, that'd be pretty cool, but I'm fine if it's permanently shut.

I wonder if seeing the separate jaw piece in the video might mean the mouth can open and shut, that'd be pretty cool, but I'm fine if it's permanently shut.

I see pegs in the jaw so it looks to lock in place; maybe just a separate piece for casting purposes. But a moveable jaw would be excellent.

I wonder if he'll come with the vibro-ax and the regular ax will be the exclusive:

260px-Alien_snp_gamorrean.jpg

Or maybe this third ax (on the right):

Gamorrean_trio_btm.jpg

Last edited:
I hope none of the weapons are exclusive. Since it'd basically be just a figure, maybe alternate hands, it should come with all 3 weapons as standard.

300px-Gamorrean_trio_btm.jpg

If one is an Ex., I hope it's the axe thing at the far right photo, I don't think you can order 2 Ex. figures and I'd want 2 staffs so you could have them like the 2 guards out front when Luke arrives.

He's a massive figure so he's not gonna come with too much beyond the figure. The figure AND extra hands AND all three axes seems unlikely. If there's an exclsuive at all, something has to be saved.

But I agree that if one of the three axes is an exclusive it should be the one on the far right. I'd order the EX but if I had to give one up it would be that small axe.

Just to recoup their costs, this might be one of those figures where you are allowed to order 2 EXs -- but if not, you could get an EX and a REG to have multiple weapons. I think a lot of people will want multiples, depending on price.

They do look great as a trio.

I'd have to watch the movie carefully, but I don't recall seeing the third weapon on screen, the staff was actually the most prominent weapon and then the traditional axe. Toys have made both axes, and clearly it was in publicity/archive stills, but I never noticed it in the movie.

I just hope it's posable enough to hold the staff like that photo above, Dave said back around SDCC that the articulation would be enough to mimic the posability of the costume, so it should.

I'd have to watch the movie carefully, but I don't recall seeing the third weapon on screen, the staff was actually the most prominent weapon and then the traditional axe. Toys have made both axes, and clearly it was in publicity/archive stills, but I never noticed it in the movie.

I just hope it's posable enough to hold the staff like that photo above, Dave said back around SDCC that the articulation would be enough to mimic the posability of the costume, so it should.

If you look very closely. When R2-D2 bumps in to the guard when he and C-3PO first arrive at Jabba's Palace, they change the camera view to show the guard with the axe that we are all more familiar with in his right hand. But then...as the camera angle changes back to R2, you see the second style of axe in his left hand. It is mostly sihlouette that you see, but you can see him holding it just like in the pic posted previously, in the opening of the head of the axe. Just one of those things, I guess.

I am good with it either way, though. I don't care if the accessories got screen time or not. More weapons means more different Gamorrean Guards. And that is always a good thing.

Edit - They show it better when Bib Fortuna is greeting R2 and 3PO and the Gamorrean Guard is standing behind 3PO.

The jaw in the original mask didn't move did it? I wouldn't expect an opening jaw.

Not too sure about articulation - looked pretty minimal, but again, the suits didn't allow too much movement either.

I haven't watched Jedi in awhile, but I do believe the mouth opened a bit when R2 and 3PO are bargaining with Bib for entrance and the one guard grumbles like it's a bad idea, and also when the one Gammy squeals in panic before the Rancor kills it.

And they open when they are laughing in the torture chamber with EV-9D9. And I bet dollars to donuts that the exclusive will be the weapon that came with the original Kenner figure. Which would be awesome.

The exclusive will be a "shocked" head for us to use when we put him in the hand of the the SS 1/6 Rancor. :rock

....well I can dream. :monkey2

And they open when they are laughing in the torture chamber with EV-9D9. And I bet dollars to donuts that the exclusive will be the weapon that came with the original Kenner figure. Which would be awesome.

That would be a good exclusive...it's match the staff that came with Bib.

That clay sculpt looks amazing...I'm okay with limited articulation if it can't be well or completely hidden...he's just gonna stand there by Jabba's throne anyway.

I am beginning to think that this piece wouldn't be cheap. My guess, probably $140...

Definitely won't be "cheap", one time use body, 70% painted body, cloth/armor mixed costume. Even if it's $120-$150, i don't care, this will be a very cool figure that I've really been hoping for since they made Jabba.

After the Gammy, ROTJ Boba Fett, Lando Skiff and Slave Leia will be the only remaining must haves for me out of Jabba's palace. I'll take anyone they make, but those 3 are the only important ones not done yet. I really want a 1/6 Rancor but that's not a traditional figure.

Back